froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
The woman from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, was reportedly electrocuted at her home over the weekend as she continued talking on her phone while it was still charging. She was rushed to the hospital but unfortunately she was pronounced dead on arrival by medical personnel.

“She was suddenly hit by the current caused by the phone that was being charged,” her husband was quoted as saying by a local newspaper.

Read More

Being electrocuted by a smartphone while it is charging is a very unexpected way to die.

Maybe smartphones should use external wall chargers for charging the battery like AA, AAA, and 9 Volt battery chargers where you charge the batteries outside of the device, and stick in a pre-charged battery to replace the battery which is low on power.

That's a shame. I'm very sorry to hear that. I wonder why she didn't just throw the phone away when she felt the electric shock...

Maybe a sudden surge of electricity like lightning electricuted her. She may have been unlucky that she was charging her phone at the wrong time, and suddenly a powerful electrical surge from the power company or Lightning enter her home's power outlet, and electricuted her.

I saw a TV show that it is possible for you to get electricuted while talking on a regular wired phone if there is a sudden surge of electricity from Lightning, and huge power surges from the power company striking your phone line.

Yeah back when you had a land line you did not call anyone during a lightening storm or if the wires got mixed :p

Yeah back when you had a land line you did not call anyone during a lightening storm or if the wires got mixed :p

Lol, it is too bad that wired speakerphones were not as popular in the past. Using a speakerphone may save some people's ear from being electrocuted from lightning or a huge power surge entering their phone line.

Back