Would it be Possible to Connect Nintendo Switch to TV without the TV Dock Accessory?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think the Nintendo Switch would most likely need the TV dock to connect the Nintendo Switch to a TV since Nintendo did not mention that there is a video port on the Switch's tablet like other non-Switch tablets like the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 which has a HDMI port on the side of the tablet to connect to a TV.

But, Nintendo or a third-party company may create a special USB to HDMI video cable, Remote desktop app, wireless/Wi-Fi video accessory like a Chromecast to allow the Switch to display video on a TV without using the TV dock, or being plugged into the wall's power, and rely on the battery for power like tablets.

Officially I don't think Nintendo will bypass it but believe in 3rd party makers to come through for us.

Officially I don't think Nintendo will bypass it but believe in 3rd party makers to come through for us.

I think the Switch may end up having third-party accessories like those TV/monitor cases which basically turns a game console into a game console laptop for playing away from home. The Xbox One and PS4 has a TV suitcase accessories to turn it into a gaming console laptop for gaming on the go.

But, the Switch will need to sell many units before it has these third-party laptop accessories. The Wii U did not seem to have any laptop monitor case from bigger companies because the Wii U did not sell very well, so if the Switch may not have a third-party accessory like a laptop gaming case if the Switch does not have a large userbase like the PS4 and Xbox One.

Back