Would it be possible to run PS4, Xbox One emulator games on faster smartphones in a few years?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think it maybe possible to emulate Xbox One, and PS4 games on faster smartphones in a few years since there are already some smartphones with 8GB of RAM and the CPU on some smartphones are becoming as fast as some laptop CPU. But, the video quality of the PS4 and Xbox One games being emulated on a smartphone may need the video to be set to a lower video quality, and resolution size like 480P which is similar to DVD movie quality, and PS2 games resolution.

But, I think it would take many more years until it would be possible to emulate PS4 Pro and Xbox One X games, and play them at 4K.

I don't think we've fully mastered the PS3 emulation yet, so I highly doubt for a few years. Maybe in 10 or so years.

Yeah like Demon said I think we are usually a generation or two behind in terms of sorting emulation. So I don't think PS4/XB1 will work very well via emulation until PS6/XB whatever stupid name they give that :p

I don't think we've fully mastered the PS3 emulation yet, so I highly doubt for a few years. Maybe in 10 or so years.

I think if smartphones let you hook up external video cards, and desktop processors with a USB cable , it maybe possible to have high enough performance to run a PS4 and Xbox One game. But, the PS4 and Xbox One emulation software won't be ready unless Sony and Microsoft shares its operating system and game console program code with emulator maker.

I read online that a lot of Xbox One games now can run on Windows 10 PC, and Windows Phone may come pre-installed with Windows 10, so if the CPU, and video chip are fast enough to run Xbox One games in future Windows 10 Phone PC, there maybe Xbox One games on Windows 10 based smartphones.

I think if smartphones let you hook up external video cards, and desktop processors with a USB cable , it maybe possible to have high enough performance to run a PS4 and Xbox One game. But, the PS4 and Xbox One emulation software won't be ready unless Sony and Microsoft shares its operating system and game console program code with emulator maker.

I read online that a lot of Xbox One games now can run on Windows 10 PC, and Windows Phone may come pre-installed with Windows 10, so if the CPU, and video chip are fast enough to run Xbox One games in future Windows 10 Phone PC, there maybe Xbox One games on Windows 10 based smartphones.

That would be one way to do it, but be better off spending getting the actual console.

That would be one way to do it, but be better off spending getting the actual console.

I agree an actual console would be a better use of money right now.

But, a lot of people who use game console emulation software on smartphones/tablets, and PC use emulation software because the consoles like the Playstation 1, and Super Nintendo are no longer being sold, and older consoles like the original Nintendo is hard to buy, or very expensive even for a refurbished console. In many years, some people may download ROMs of PS4 and Xbox One games when the games are no longer being sold at stores or online on Xbox Live, PSN, etc.

Back