Would it possible for users to change the title or delete their replies?[Answered]

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Sometimes, I make a typo in my title, but I can't change the title of my topic once it is posted.

GF sometimes also post my reply twice, so I think it would be great if it was possible for users to be able yo delete their own replies and topics they made.

I think this can save Mods time because they no longer have to delete doube posts, and topics as often.

you should be able to edit your own titles, I'll check the settings and make sure everything is alright.

QUOTE GF sometimes also post my reply twice, so I think it would be great if it was possible for users to be able yo delete their own replies and topics they made.

what happens when you do this? Do you get some kind of MYSQL Error or are you hitting the post button twice? where as it only needs to be hit once.

QUOTE I think this can save Mods time because they no longer have to delete doube posts, and topics as often.

at this point, GF has no need for mods since we admins are on enough that we take care of things. so if nothing else this might give the mods a purpose here on Gf.

edit:

settings were checked and some were out of place. you should be able to change your topic title now.

for security purposes and to keep track of things we can't allow users to delete their own posts or topics.

QUOTE (Demon_Skeith @ December 30, 2009 03:48 pm) you should be able to edit your own titles, I'll check the settings and make sure everything is alright.

QUOTE GF sometimes also post my reply twice, so I think it would be great if it was possible for users to be able yo delete their own replies and topics they made.

what happens when you do this? Do you get some kind of MYSQL Error or are you hitting the post button twice? where as it only needs to be hit once.

QUOTE I think this can save Mods time because they no longer have to delete doube posts, and topics as often.

at this point, GF has no need for mods since we admins are on enough that we take care of things. so if nothing else this might give the mods a purpose here on Gf.

edit:

settings were checked and some were out of place. you should be able to change your topic title now.

for security purposes and to keep track of things we can't allow users to delete their own posts or topics.
I mostly get a MySQL error, but sometimes I hit submit twice because the page is not loading or I do it by accident.

Thanks I can change the title of my topics now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back