Switch Would Nintendo Sell Standalone Tablets without the controller and cables for Switch?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think it could be a good idea to sell replacement tablets for the Switch since tablets sometimes get stolen and lost like smartphones, and laptops which get stolen and lost sometimes.

The screen on the tablet also breaks often when users drop them, or something like a bike, car, or person runs over them making it impossible or expensive to fix because the electronic circuit board and parts got crushed.

Tablets also eventually break because of power surges, water damage, rust and oxidation on the charging port, dead pixels on the screen, broken speaker, broken SD card slot, or a dead battery which can no longer hold a charge anymore, or the battery overheats and break like the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 battery which overheated, explode and caught on fire on some Note 7 phones.

Some Switch owners may not want to re-buy a new Switch console which comes with a TV dock, controllers, HDMI cable, and power adapter because they just need to replace their broken tablet, and the rest of their accessories and parts which came with the Switch still work.

Hrmmm, hard to say. Nintendo has never sold stand alone gamepads for the Wii U and they are hardly no different than the Switch.

Hrmmm, hard to say. Nintendo has never sold stand alone gamepads for the Wii U and they are hardly no different than the Switch.

I wonder if Nintendo not selling standalone gamepad tablets for the Wii U caused the Wii U to have fewer buyers, and lose gamers after someone broke or stole their Wii U tablet which may cause some people to throw out, donate, or recycle their Wii U since some games need the tablet gamepad to fully enjoy the game.

I guest, gamers can always use eBay to just buy a replacement used tablet from sellers who sell their Switch's tablet, cables, dock, and controllers separately, so it will sell faster for people who just need either a tablet or the controllers which are also easy to lose, and may break if someone steps on one while wearing heavy work boots, or a large dog bites on it thinking it is a dog toy.

I wonder if Nintendo not selling standalone gamepad tablets for the Wii U caused the Wii U to have fewer buyers, and lose gamers after someone broke or stole their Wii U tablet which may cause some people to throw out, donate, or recycle their Wii U since some games need the tablet gamepad to fully enjoy the game.

I guest, gamers can always use eBay to just buy a replacement used tablet from sellers who sell their Switch's tablet, cables, dock, and controllers separately, so it will sell faster for people who just need either a tablet or the controllers which are also easy to lose, and may break if someone steps on one while wearing heavy work boots, or a large dog bites on it thinking it is a dog toy.

Nintendo was supposed to release games that would include a second gamepad, but that never happened either. Clear signs that Wii U was tossed out. Hopefully they will do better with the switch, which they need to reduce some accessory prices first.

Nintendo was supposed to release games that would include a second gamepad, but that never happened either. Clear signs that Wii U was tossed out. Hopefully they will do better with the switch, which they need to reduce some accessory prices first.

That's too bad. I read posts which said some kids fought over who got to use the Tablet controller which made parents annoyed.

I think there should be a controller with a screen release for the Switch, so two people can play games without needing to split the game into 2 on the tablet screen which can be kind of annoying in shooting and racing games because the screen on the Switch is not much bigger than some smartphone and tablet screens.

That's too bad. I read posts which said some kids fought over who got to use the Tablet controller which made parents annoyed.

I think there should be a controller with a screen release for the Switch, so two people can play games without needing to split the game into 2 on the tablet screen which can be kind of annoying in shooting and racing games because the screen on the Switch is not much bigger than some smartphone and tablet screens.

I can see that, one item and kids will fight over it.

I can see that, one item and kids will fight over it.

When kids fight over fragile electronics like tablets and laptops, it also does not end well for the device which may end up having its screen cracked from falling on the ground or thrown against a wall or table.

When kids fight over fragile electronics like tablets and laptops, it also does not end well for the device which may end up having its screen cracked from falling on the ground or thrown against a wall or table.

not like they were made back in the day, you could throw a SNES controller against the wall and that wouldn't even crack. Don't ask why I know that....

Back