Would there always be cheaper low-end electric vehicles like electric bicycles and scooters?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I feel there would always be basic electric vehicles like electric bicycles and scooters because not everyone need or can afford a more expensive electric vehicle like an electric car.

Yes, I feel there would always be basic electric vehicles like electric bicycles and scooters because not everyone need or can afford a more expensive electric vehicle like an electric car.

E-bikes are really great, here you can drive it even if you don't have license. But some kids drives it on the road and it is causing some problem, that is one of the downside of an E-bike here.

Well, I believe so. Not everyone can afford expensive stuff and it's not possible to get stuff for everyone either.

So, I believe cheap stuff would always exist.

E-bikes are really great, here you can drive it even if you don't have license. But some kids drives it on the road and it is causing some problem, that is one of the downside of an E-bike here.

I agree, E-bikes are great. E-bikes usually don't require licenses, but your E-bike is not allow to go faster than 28 to 30 Miles per hours depending on the e-bike laws in your town.

The cost to maintain and repair E-bikes is more affordable since electric motors have fewer parts which can break like gas engines.

Modern Electric motors also seem to last a longtime since I have some electric computer cooling fans, blenders, PC hard drives, and can openers which I use for years, and they still spin very quickly.

Last edited:
Here E-bikes is not strictly regulated by the government or town officials. That is really a big problem because I saw people modifying their E-bikes to make it faster. It is getting more danger for other people as the driver have no license to drive. Who knows if that driver has disability and some eye/mental conditions. A fast E-bike can kill a child or hurt the child really bad.

Fast modified E-bikes can also be a danger to slower bicycle riders and skateboarders who use the same bike roads. Some E-bikes also don't make a lot of noise, so other bicycle riders who can't hear the sound of the electric motor, and tire rolling sounds may not have enough time to pull over to let the fast E-bike past.

As long as they are cheap in price then yes, I do believe so.

I agree if cheap electric vehicles like E-bikes are cheap in price, people would continue buying them. Hopefully, E-bikes and other types of electric vehicle makers don't become overly greedy, and use lower quality parts which break easily.

Here there are lot of cheap E-bikes but the problem is they quality. It only takes 6 months then the E-bike will show tons problems especially on its battery.

I don't know why but I see here people complain about battery being too expensive. Also they are using the manual pedal sometimes if they run out of battery or if there is some problem.

With all the money E-bike riders save on gas, the price of new batteries maybe cheaper than paying to fill up a gas engine powered bicycle or motorcycle. Plus, E-bikes don't require a drivers license, expensive driver's training lessons, yearly insurance payments like a car and motorcycles, and parking permits.

Using the manual pedals is good for exercising your leg muscles. I saw a few news stories of people having heart and other health problems from not moving their legs for a long time.

Using pedals also help save battery power for when you need it to go up a hill, or when your legs are very tired from pedaling too long.

tailgnwow-goldern-butterfly-2-electric-bicycle-black-1974-2668603-4739c7327c45347128bcae3f84c1376c-catalog_233.jpg

This is a common cheap E-bike here, about the pedal. When I see someone using the pedal I am very uncomfortable because it has very low seatpost. There might be an injury on the muscle later on.

hero-electric-wave-dx.jpg

This one looks like a motorcycle, most people here use this.

tailgnwow-goldern-butterfly-2-electric-bicycle-black-1974-2668603-4739c7327c45347128bcae3f84c1376c-catalog_233.jpg

This is a common cheap E-bike here, about the pedal. When I see someone using the pedal I am very uncomfortable because it has very low seatpost. There might be an injury on the muscle later on.

hero-electric-wave-dx.jpg

This one looks like a motorcycle, most people here use this.

Those E-bikes don't look very comfortable to peddle for long periods of time. I mostly see E-bikes which look like regular bicycles, and have the motor mounted on the back wheel, and the battery mounted on the middle of the bike between the wheels, and they can be peddled easily as regular bikes.

I seen a few E-bikes which look like regular scooter motorcycles which have peddles. But, not a lot of people use peddles unless they are on the sidewalk, and slowly peddling their bike to avoid hitting someone.

Back