Would you buy used tech products?

No, mostly because my parents pay for everything pretty much right now in my life, but I do look at quality very much and I rather get the real deal for money. My life time is more valuable than money, I mean I don't want to spend all that time returning things if they don't work.

You know, you can usually test out some used tech products if you buy from a friend or another place before you buy them, and some tech stuff hardly break like USB Cables, sound & video cables. Sometimes people just have too many cables and need to sell some of them, so they have more space at home, or they no longer have a need for a certain type of cable like a component video cable because they bought a new HDTV with HDMI inputs, so they replace all their cables with HDMI cables instead of Component cables.

I read somewhere refurbished goods from a reputable company are tested for reliability and quality before it ever leaves the factory.

Some people see buying used goods as a way to save time and money. They would not have to go to work as many hours at their job to be able to afford something new when they can buy something that is used and works just as well as a new product. By saving money on buying products that are more inexpensive, the average person can retire or work less hours during his life.

I think one of the biggest problems in America are people who wants the newest things, but taking out loans or spending their life savings to buy the newest things.

I have no problem if its used, if it works, I am happy. If it works better than I expect, I am quite pleased, but still, you can turn most any technical piece into something else with some time on google, and a little know-how.

QUOTE (Stosh @ May 02, 2009 02:08 pm) I have no problem if its used, if it works, I am happy. If it works better than I expect, I am quite pleased, but still, you can turn most any technical piece into something else with some time on google, and a little know-how.
You can save hundreds to thousands of dollars by converting your older PC into a firewall : http://www.ipcop.org/ instead of buying a firewall made by a company.

A older PC can be turned into a musical Jukebox Home Theature PC since there are remote controls made for the PC these days or by using a wireless multimedia keyboard.

http://nerdwithswag.com/wp-content/uploads...ote-control.jpg

Plus, you learn stuff you might need to learn someday if you work in IT or you don't want to pay an IT Company to do the work for you.

Fixing old used stuff is also fun since they cost very little and I am getting a free education by teaching myself how to fix something on my own which is something you could not easily learn at college.

Back