Would you ever own your own game server?

Shortie

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
So this idea for this topic came into my head as my boyfriend used to own a PSO server quite a few years ago now that was quite popular and it was also something I used to get into PSO myself.

If you had the opportunity, would you own your own game server and what game would you like it to be?

I can't even do it even if I wanted to. I lack the skill/knowledge for it.

Is it particularly hard to setup a game server?

I always thought seting up game servers won't be very hard to setup because a large percentage of gamers are average computer and tech users who don't know a lot about servers and tech, so game makers and third-party companies make it easier for people to make private game servers.

Is it particularly hard to setup a game server?

I always thought seting up game servers won't be very hard to setup because a large percentage of gamers are average computer and tech users who don't know a lot about servers and tech, so game makers and third-party companies make it easier for people to make private game servers.
Not having done it before makes it sound so alien to me. It might be easy for all I know but I don't have the knowledge on how to go about it.

Not having done it before makes it sound so alien to me. It might be easy for all I know but I don't have the knowledge on how to go about it.

It is possible to subscribe to game server hosting like subscribing to a Minecraft game server for about $10 or less a month which can be more affordable than buying and running a server, and subscribing to a very fast internet connection to connect the server to the internet.

It is possible to subscribe to game server hosting like subscribing to a Minecraft game server for about $10 or less a month which can be more affordable than buying and running a server, and subscribing to a very fast internet connection to connect the server to the internet.
Probably, that's a good way to go about it when one's looking at budget.

Probably, that's a good way to go about it when one's looking at budget.

I think subscribing to a game server hosting plan is also generally more reliable because most web hosts have electric generators and batteries to power the server during power outages.

Running a personal online game server for 24 hours a day at home may also cost a lot of money if the price of the server, and local high speed internet and electricity prices are very expensive for the user to buy.

I think subscribing to a game server hosting plan is also generally more reliable because most web hosts have electric generators and batteries to power the server during power outages.

Running a personal online game server for 24 hours a day at home may also cost a lot of money if the price of the server, and local high speed internet and electricity prices are very expensive for the user to buy.
I would definitely look into subscribing to a game server hosting plan in the future. I won't rule it out.

If I had the opportunity, I wouldn't own any gaming server. This is because of the so little time I have to play video games. I wouldn't have enough time to manage and run the server.

If I had my own game to run for a server to be needed, I would definitely consider it.

Back