Would you learn a foreign language to use software or game with non-English labels and buttons?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
It is unlikely I will learn a foreign language like French, Japanese, and Spanish to use software or game which does not have English labeled buttons.

But, I maybe motivated to learn a foreign language to use software or games without a English version if the software and game is great, or fun to use.

I wouldn't go through learning an entire language. I'd probably just learn what certain things meant in order to be able to learn what each button does. Learning an entire language would take too long for that.

I would never do that.

I prefer English and I don't really see the appeal of seeing my own mother tongue for labels.

I feel certain types of software like computer operating systems and some computer games software like role playing games would require a user to learn a new foreign language if the maker of the software did not make an English version of their Operating System or games.

Computer operating systems and computer games like Role Playing games usually have a lot of text, and it is not possible to copy and paste the text on a button or menu, and use an online translator like Google Translate to translate the text.

Back