Would you rather use an older desktop or mobile web browser to browse the web?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I would rather use an older desktop web browser like older versions of Firefox, Chrome, and Opera because most older mobile web browsers like the default web browser for Google Android 2.3 Gingerbread are not very good, and don't display subtitles on mobile videos which are in another language. I also prefer desktop website layouts more than mobile website layouts.

Plug-ins like Adobe Flash Player also don't work well on Android compared to Windows, Linux, and other desktop operating systems.

I'd choose an older desktop web browser. Wasn't a big fan of the older mobile browsers, they have improved a lot over the years now.

I would like to use them as well, but major websites like pay sites, youtube and others require you to use the latest one.

I would like to use them as well, but major websites like pay sites, youtube and others require you to use the latest one.

I think it is possible to use YouTube with an older versions of web browser like IE, Firefox, Opera which is a few years older. I use YouTube on the web browsers at school which are sometimes not regularly updated to the latest version.

But, you may need a newer version of Adobe Flash Player to use YouTube on an older browser.

Older browsers also will not have HTML5 video support on YouTube, and other sites.

Well, I like using my laptop more and using my phone to browse the web is a pain.
It takes too much time and not to mention that the autocorrect can be a pain at times as well.

So, I would rather use my desktop or laptop.

Well, I like using my laptop more and using my phone to browse the web is a pain.
It takes too much time and not to mention that the autocorrect can be a pain at times as well.

So, I would rather use my desktop or laptop.

I agree, I find the autocorrect in mobile keyboard an annoying feature which make typing in web browsers annoying.

Back