Would you rather use free educational websites instead of taking a school course on a topic?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, I usually will choose free educational websites to learn about some topics like cooking, gardening, computers, etc instead of choosing taking a course at school because I feel courses at school can be expensive costing many thousands of dollars per month, and have a long time requirement of many hours per day like 8 hours at school, and a few extra hours spent traveling to school, lunch at school, socializing at school, and traveling home or to work from school.

Free Educational websites also don't have minimum skill requirements to enter the website.

But, many school courses like computer programming have high grades requirements like having good grades at math, science, and English to be able to take the course, so it may take many years to be accepted in the course, or never being accepted into the course if the students grades are not good enough.

If I don't learn much from an educational website, I just would of spent a lot of time on trying to learn something. But, I wouldn't spent a lot of money on a course at school which I may not be able to afford.

As long as they are just as good as going to school, then yes. Also is easy asking any questions.

I feel the comment section on posts and forums can be good for asking questions on subjects.

To be honest, I like virtual classroom training but I prefer physical classroom training.

It has something to do with my mind.

I like it to be very real I suppose.

I think online schools can be good if the local colleges and schools are not providing students with a good education because the books are outdated, and teachers who need more training to teach better. Not many people can afford to move to a new city with schools and colleges which use books which are up to date with the latest information on science and history, and have enough good teachers.

Back