Would you take a million dollars to play a game?

Demon_Skeith

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Because one lucky SoB did...

It's crazy how much this guy is making. I would probably do it for around $50 at this point :grin:.

Not sure about it 100% but I believe some Apex Legends devs are being underpaid so it must be great to see $1,000,000 going to one guy for something as trivial as this.

I would take a million dollars to play a game, or that's what I thought when I saw the title. But I don't know that I would take the money at the expense of the developers and allowing them to be under paid.

I would take a million dollars to play a game, or that's what I thought when I saw the title. But I don't know that I would take the money at the expense of the developers and allowing them to be under paid.

even if you didn't take it, that means the developers wouldn't get it either since the million would be coming from the advertisement budget.

I would not want to take 1 million dollars to play a game since I feel I would be "selling out" by playing a game for money. Plus, taking a lot of money to play a game can cause future problems for streamers, actors, and business owners to make less money in the future if most of their fans feel they were selling out to promote a game, so their fans would unsubscribe and no longer buy their stuff like T-shirts and paid memberships to a fan website.

There is always a chance that $1 million dollars would suddenly be worth not as much money in the future because of political problems and hyper inflation.

In Venezuela, a cup of coffee now cost $1 million dollars because of 42,000% hyperinflation according to In Venezuela, a cup of coffee now costs a million bucks

I feel the less trustworthy people who have a reputation for selling out to big companies would have a harder time finding jobs, or selling their stuff in Venezuela because of their previous reputation of selling out.

even if you didn't take it, that means the developers wouldn't get it either since the million would be coming from the advertisement budget.
But the idea that a million is just given out to one person for just playing the game is not a great image. If a million was spent on various different advertisements, I'm not sure anyone would bat an eyelid.

I feel EA would of gotten more good gaming news posts if EA use more of its money like $1 million to buy prizes for contests where people can have a chance to win a physical disc version of the game, custom Apex Legends clothing, custom gaming consoles and PC, etc instead of paying someone to play a game on Twitch.

These battle royale games are only popular because they do stuff like this. Fortnite also paid streamers and content creators a lot to produce content and make the game more popular. Works for them and they obviously still profit from loot sales, etc. But it is quite crazy.

There's no amount of money in the world that would make me play a battle royal game, but if it were something different, then heck yeah. I don't know who that guy is, but he's pretty lucky.

Just wow.
I really don't know what to say to this....but he is too lucky and..... *At a loss of words

Right at the moment. Who wouldn't accept an offer like this? Cmon, you are receiving 1 million just to do whatever you do every day in your life. ;)

I'm not really into these "battle royale" games. Altho I did just get Black Ops 4 and it has a "Blackout" royale mode that is kinda fun. hehehe

Back