Switch Would you think Nintendo Switch Overheat like a smartphone/tablet when gaming?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Do you think the Nintendo will overheat when playing more intensive games like Call of Duty or Final Fantasy like other thin touchscreen devices like tablets, smartphones, and ultra-thin laptops with poor cooling?

I think there is a chance the Nintendo Switch will get warm or very hot when playing more intensive games with a lot of action because there does not seem to be a powerful cooling fan on the tablet.

A good question for triforceguy1 triforceguy1 since he got to use one.
There are fans present both on the dock, and the console itself. When I picked up the console from the dock, it didn't seem overheated, then again, I was in a big room with lots of people and I was the first in the queue for Breath of the Wild x3

I'll report back once it gets released :)

There are fans present both on the dock, and the console itself. When I picked up the console from the dock, it didn't seem overheated, then again, I was in a big room with lots of people and I was the first in the queue for Breath of the Wild x3

I'll report back once it gets released :)

It's good to hear that the Switch does not get hot.

People can always play the Switch in front of a desk cooling fan or air conditioner to help keep the temperature of the console down if the Switch's back feel hot or uncomfortably warm like some laptops and tablets when gaming.

Back