XBOX: A New Generation Revealed

seaofstorms

Ghost-type
Awards
Credits
Last edited by a moderator:
The new Xbox One seems interesting enough, but as I keep reading and watching is borrowing some of Nintendo's tech in it...

Also all next gen consoles have the same 8 Gigs of RAM, only the CPU and GPU make the huge differences here. But it doesn't seem like the PS360/Wii era, is a bit more closer in terms of tech. Yeah Wii U is not the monster the other two are, but I don't see a huge gap betwen them.

On the one hand, I kind of like the simple, rectangular look. On the other, it looks like a VCR. o_O I still wouldn't get one (We had a 360 and traded it in for a PS3, which we've been much happier with) but it's nice to see the Xbox fans excited I guess!

The new Xbox One seems interesting enough, but as I keep reading and watching is borrowing some of Nintendo's tech in it...

Also all next gen consoles have the same 8 Gigs of RAM, only the CPU and GPU make the huge differences here. But it doesn't seem like the PS360/Wii era, is a bit more closer in terms of tech. Yeah Wii U is not the monster the other two are, but I don't see a huge gap betwen them.

Not a huge gap? The Wii U and Wii both share the same exact processor as the GameCube... Nintendo has yet to upgrade. Imagine the Wii U if they had!

I think the console itself looks great. I like how blocky it is. Very masculine and solid looking imo.

looks interesting to say the least .. not going to shell out the initial money to get it unless the games i get go to next gen .. then ill have to donate more plasma to the Michael Morbius' of the world

you should remove the full stop after the link in the original post. its messing up the link.

you should remove the full stop after the link in the original post. its messing up the link.

oh the period at the end was glitching it. nice catch. i didn't even notice the period.

Forgive the double post...

What exactly do you mean the Xbox borrowed some of Nintendo's tech? The Xbox 1 has nothing similar to the Nintendo and has been in production for over 5 years for some of - if not most of - it. Nintendo updated their NVidia when they heard Xbox was doing it.

I don't know how I feel about it. I mean I'm still very happy with my 360. Really it depends one what games come out for this thing before I buy it. If there's a new Halo for it... maybe it's worth it. Maybe.

Oh dear god I just read that you can't play used games unless you pay a fee. :squint: What the hell. That is the worst marketing choice ever. Well unless you're Microsoft because people are probably dumb enough to pay for that, but for everyone else, who isn't that dumb, knows that's a bad way to go at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how I feel about it. I mean I'm still very happy with my 360. Really it depends one what games come out for this thing before I buy it. If there's a new Halo for it... maybe it's worth it. Maybe.

Oh dear god I just read that you can't play used games unless you pay a fee. :squint: What the hell. That is the worst marketing choice ever. Well unless you're Microsoft because people are probably dumb enough to pay for that, but for everyone else, who isn't that dumb, knows that's a bad way to go at it.

They'll most likely drop that as they did other things in the past. The one thing I can honestly say about MicroSoft is they are good at catching major f-ups early on and doing away with them. They did that in the past a couple of times.

Back