Xbox consoles finally getting smaller

BaseballGuy

Full GL Member
Credits
The Xbox One S got it right when they decided to make the console a lot smaller than the older consoles. I think Xbox should have done this a long time ago, making the consoles small so it doesn't take up much space by your tv.

I think one of the benefits of the older Xbox One is that it had an external power supply, so you can replace the power supply if it ever break.

The bigger size of the Xbox One original may make it easier to fix for repair technicians.

I'm curious to see what the Scorpio will be in terms of size.

This is just the natural progression of things. Processors shrink and cooling becomes easier. If XB1 had been this small from the beginning, it would be more in line with the Wii U than the PS4.

This is just the natural progression of things. Processors shrink and cooling becomes easier. If XB1 had been this small from the beginning, it would be more in line with the Wii U than the PS4.

True as this is, you have to think if they make it bulky at first so that they can sell a slimmer one down the line for more profit.

True as this is, you have to think if they make it bulky at first so that they can sell a slimmer one down the line for more profit.
Usually the breakdowns show these consoles are packed to the max. It's why launch models typically have heating issues. Too much crammed into a small box. I don't think there's any conspiracy going on here, just a convenient refresh to boost sales when the tech becomes affordable.

Usually the breakdowns show these consoles are packed to the max. It's why launch models typically have heating issues. Too much crammed into a small box. I don't think there's any conspiracy going on here, just a convenient refresh to boost sales when the tech becomes affordable.

also another possibility. But you never knows what goes on behind closed doors.

I've always thought the previous X-Box systems were too big and took up too much room by your tv (another reason I've never liked them). But I can see the issue of having to deal with a system overheating due to too many things being crammed into a small space.

I've always thought the previous X-Box systems were too big and took up too much room by your tv (another reason I've never liked them). But I can see the issue of having to deal with a system overheating due to too many things being crammed into a small space.

The Xbox 360 was somewhat smaller than the original Playstation 3. I think the first Xbox One is 2-3 inches bigger than the PS4, so I did not find the Xbox One to be very huge where it took up a lot of space on a TV stand table which can hold things like a regular Blu-Ray player, Home Audio Receiver, etc amps which is sometimes the same length or bigger than the first Xbox One.

But, the Original Xbox released on 2001 look bigger.

The original Xbox was a beast. One of the reasons I bought it was the sheer size of it and the huge controller. It was way more powerful than the ps2 so every about it screamed the bigger the better.

The original Xbox was a beast. One of the reasons I bought it was the sheer size of it and the huge controller. It was way more powerful than the ps2 so every about it screamed the bigger the better.

I also found the original Xbox size very cool like a smaller desktop gaming PC.

I remember seeing graphics for the Original Xbox, and it look graphics look great before the Xbox 360 and PS3 were released.

That sounds awesome, Because my console takes a very big space from my table, really sounds good also it would prevent it from being damaged.

Back