Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ36vyL1F5w

Honestly, I didn't even know that the kinect was being forced on people. The way these guys put it, the 10% doesn't really change anything plus it's not like we have access to it since it's still up to the developers.

If its up to the developers, then this changes nothing. Because developers are still going to make games with Kinect being enabled in mind. So really, this just means absolutely nothing unless there is a way to make the game use the extra gpu power..

Lienx said:
If its up to the developers, then this changes nothing. Because developers are still going to make games with Kinect being enabled in mind. So really, this just means absolutely nothing unless there is a way to make the game use the extra gpu power..
With the kinect no longer needed since Xbox one will have kinctless bundles I'm sure developers will go away from kinect like they did with the 360.

If developers do away with the difference in the power usage, the players who DO use the kinect and have that 10% being used up, may/will cause problems with the games that the developers ignored the 10% usage.. I would assume.. but eh, I dunno. I guess as long as somehow they give it an optimization option that the game automatically loads to configure itself for the best stability, sort of like how a lot of pc games have an auto feature like that.

I bet the 10% power boost will not be very noticeable unless you pay a lot of attention to the TV's video. I think gamers with Kinect would rather have voice commands and motion controls for certain games than a 10% power boost.

Eh, I don't really care for the voice commands and such.. I'm completely fine with grabbing my controller and pressing the button in the middle to turn the console on and navigate manually. I've done it for years and I don't need anything else to make me lazier.

I think the Kinect is useful for quickly taking a screenshot by telling Xbox to take a screenshot, or record video when your hands are busy pressing buttons to move a character in the game.

Game streaming is pretty popular on sites like Twitch, and people sometimes want to see the person real face playing the game on Twitch since watching people's faces playing games make watching gameplay more intense if the gamer is very emotional with emotional facial expressions when playing games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKkKtQ9LCjU

I think big games like Grand Theft Auto will not disable Kinect since it will also disable the webcam and mic which is useful for Twitch game streaming. A lot of gamers learn about new games watching Twitch stream.

Lienx said:
Eh, I don't really care for the voice commands and such.. I'm completely fine with grabbing my controller and pressing the button in the middle to turn the console on and navigate manually. I've done it for years and I don't need anything else to make me lazier.
years? The button in the middle didn't start till last gen you lazy :p

Back