Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
xboxonecontroller.PNG

That's the controller, what do you think? I don't like the look of the handles.

Here is some details:

Microsoft has explained the names and functionality of those mysterious new buttons on Xbox One’s controller where Start and Back appeared on Xbox 360. According to a Microsoft representative, these buttons are named “Menu” and View.”

“The Menu button (on the right) will bring up context-specific menus which game and app developers can design to enhance the user experience,” Microsoft told IGN. “The Menu button could be used in scenarios such as bringing up in-game menus, showing video playback options, and accessing commands on the console’s user interface.”

The View button, meanwhile, “will change views or provide more information in games and apps. The function of the View button will be driven by developers. Possible uses of the View button include viewing a map during a role playing game, displaying a leaderboard in a first person shooter, and enhancing the navigation of the console’s user interface.”
source

That's so lame. So you want to look at the controller and think it looks nice. People need to realise what's important these days. The controller has a purpose, to provide the user with an ability to play the games, with comfortableness and problem free. As long as it provides that it shouldn't matter what it looks like.

Or are we becoming more of a superficial and shallow world?

It needs to look good. If I'm paying for it, I expect a good looking product. And the 360 controller looked good, why did they have to fuck it up?

GamerPerfection said:
That's so lame. So you want to look at the controller and think it looks nice. People need to realise what's important these days. The controller has a purpose, to provide the user with an ability to play the games, with comfortableness and problem free. As long as it provides that it shouldn't matter what it looks like.

Or are we becoming more of a superficial and shallow world?
If your going to spend $40 on a controller, you seriously tell me you don't mind it looking like shit so long as it works?

Who's gonna see my controller..... me! Oh noes I need an awesome sparkly warkly controller for me to not look at when i'm busy focusing on what i'm doing on the screen.

He was saying that we're not talking about a fancy controller. You don't need to be sarcastic to prove a point.

Looks okay for a controller. As long as its comfortable, and easy to use is the most important part of the controller. I like the Xbox 360 and similar sized controllers because they are easier to hold, and the buttons, and joysticks are more spaced out.

Back