Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Xbox One's 500GB hard drive can only store about 362GB of games, save data, apps, and other data.

Our first Xbox One that filled up stored 20 games and all 25 of Xbox One's apps. When we tried installing a 3GB update, it failed due to a full hard drive around the 362GB mark.

Any game or app you own will forever be available via the cloud, but the machine currently doesn't allow for streaming games, which would help alleviate some hard drive space in the future as Xbox One's library grows. Presently, external hard drives are not supported on Xbox One, but an update will permit it at an unspecified future date.

How full is your Xbox One?
source

wow, does Sony and Microsoft realize how much GB high things are these days?

I bet the console makers use 500GB drives because they both got a very good deal on 500GB drives since most PC builders like HP, and PC Gamers use at least a 1TB drive on $500 PCs, so there are a lot of unsold 500GB drives which no one wants to buy because they can buy a 1TB drive for $59.99, and the 1TB drive has better features like a 64MB Cache instead of 16MB cache found on most 500GB drive.

I thought you could change out the hard drive on the Xbox One, but it requires more technical skills since I saw a video on this forums showing someone adding a SSD and Hybrid drive to the Xbox One.

I feel most gamer for the Xbox One, and PS4 may not fill up the hard drive until next year or latter since used games for the Xbox One and PS4 are not easy to buy at good prices since fewer people will sell their new games in under a year since some games may take many months to complete if you play a games for 1-2 hours a day with fewer used games on eBay, and Amazon, the price of a used game maybe $40-55.

Buying 20 new games will also cost $1200 if each game costs $60. I don't know many people who buy 20 new $60 games a year. I think most young people and kids just save their money for a few good new games like Halo, Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, and Fable since it is all they can afford for the month, or year.

Plus, there may not be as many games worth buying until latter on in the year, or in 2015-2016.

Back