Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Microsoft has announced it's sold over 2 million Xbox One consoles since its launch 18 days ago on November 22.

That's after releasing in 13 markets on that date, including North America, the UK and Australia. Proud owners of the new console have spent over 83 million hours in games, TV and apps on the console, unlocking 39 million achievements and 595 million Gamerscore.

It was also revealed that peak demand saw the console being ordered at over 1,000 units per minute from Amazon.

10 days ago on December 1, Sony announced it had sold over 2.1 million PS4s after launching a week earlier than Xbox One in North America on November 15, where it sold 1 million units in 24 hours. It went on to launch in Europe and Australia on November 29, picking up 700,000 sales by December 1 and becoming the UK's fastest-selling console of all time.

A key fact to take into account is the fact that the PS4 is available in 32 countries, which is 19 more than the 13 territories you can get an Xbox One.
source

confirmed, all that Xbox one hate online was BS.

I wonder how many of the Xbox Ones  and PS4 were sold to buyers planing to resell them on eBay for $700-1000 depending on how high the bids go. 

I remember when the Wii, Xbox 360, and PS3 were released there were a lot of people planning to sell them on eBay in hope of making many hundreds to thousands of dollars from eBay bids.

Are you sure all of it was BS? 

I wouldn't make that claim. 

All I would say is that enough people think microsoft's 180 was enough for them to purchase the console afterall. And that they're not concerned about the future of the console. (Though I'm also not discounting the number of loyal xbox fans who'd have bought the console regardless of if it was DRM-box or not.)

For microsoft, congrats on selling 2 million consoles in 13 countries in ~19 days. It's a good start.

That stated, I'm still curious to see what Sony's current numbers are. Since they reported they sold 700K in 2 days in Europe and Australia... But it's been 11 days since then. Did they break 3 million yet?

Maybe one of the reasons for the high sales of the Xbox One is because TV, Movies, and playing music is still very popular with many western countries since the ratings for shows like American Idol, X-Factor, and America's got Talent are huge. The Xbox One is a better console for TV because of the 2 HDMI ports, and software enhancements like being able to stream music, video, and photos from a Windows PC to the TV with an Xbox One is possible while media streaming is not as easy with other consoles.

Xbox exclusives like Halo, Fable, Forza, PGR Racing, and Gears of Wars have a very huge fan base in the millions, so the buyers of the Xbox One during the holiday season are more likely people who are huge fans of Halo, Fable, Forza, PGR Racing, and Gears of Wars, and can't imagine themselves not playing the next sequal to their favorite titles which they loved on the Xbox 360 and original Xbox.

I think that the reason xbox is doing well is because:
1- there are a lot of loyal xbox fans who would buy the console anyway.
2- there are people who heard of the 180's and felt it was enough of a turn around for them to buy the console.

It could potentially even be that some people are buying xbox ones because they want the next generation of gaming console but are having a hard time finding a PS4. (Since I've heard lots of places are having a hard time keeping them in stock...) So they just spend the extra to buy an xbox because they aren't sold out.

I don't think people are buying them, as much, to try to sell them because the xbox doesn't seem to be having supply issues. I mean if you look around most stores have 3-6 of them just sitting around out front (with likely many more in back). 

Back