Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

At their E3 conference today, Microsoft announced their Scorpio system as officially Xbox One X, a juggernaut of a console system which at this time with their conference still going still lacks a price tag.

The smallest sized Xbox system to date will have a six Teraflop GPU which clocks in at 1.172 Ghz, as well as 12 GB GDDR5 memory, 326 GBs of memory bandwidth, and true 4K resolution on all its media output. All Xbox One accessories and games will work on Xbox One X, with Choudhry promising that the existing games library will also receive an update, including faster load times and more, even without a 4K TV. It will also house a liquid-cooled vapor chamber used more often with servers and high-end PC cards.

It is due out nation wide on November 7th 2017.

Update, just announced it will be sold for 499 USD. Meaning Microsoft is taking a huge hit per sale of this console. And the actual console itself:

full

Last edited:
Looks very sleek and at a decent price. Still doubt there is a market for this kind of thing but time will tell.

I think the main buyers will be gamers who own a 4K TV, and are willing to pay $200 more for a console which is less likely to be outdated, and run games slower after a few years compared to the slower versions of Xbox One with 8 GB of RAM, and a slower CPU and video chip.

No offense, but i am not getting this one since i already have the old xbox. I am hoping that they are going to show some good games on this E3, but all of their games are not making me interest.

Am I the only one that's bit disappointed by its design? I expected something different but it looks too similar to the Xbox One S. The controller seems big, it for sure won't feel good in my ''tiny'' hands. I really wish they would look at the controllers Sony is making for Playstation. They're one of the most comfortable controllers I've used in a long time.

Anyway, the price is way too high. I expect it to drop in a year or two after the release so if anybody plans on buying it, it is probably best to just wait. I won't buy it because I prefer the Playstation console. I do have a TV supporting 4K but I am not a graphics fanatic so I don't care as much where I would be willing to pay $499.

I think Microsoft is going down the same path Nintendo went a couple of years ago. You have a great console the Wii and then you release the Wii U. Some consumers who don't keep in touch with gaming news become confused with the naming. There's 3 different models on the market now. Xbox One, XBox One S and now the XBox One X. I get that Microsoft wants to include all the customers who have the other two XBox models but the XBox One X is just a costly upgrade. The $499 price point is high in my opinion. Sure it's the most power console with the ability to play games in 4k at 60FPS but is the cost to upgrade really worth it for someone who has an XBox One or XBox One S? I think the console will sell but not as well as Microsoft hopes and the eventual price drop will happen within a year or a year and a half.

This is definitely the most powerful console to date. I'm most likely to get this when it becomes available in our area. I'm just so excited! But I think I should still wait a bit. I'm sure the presence of this product in the market, will pressure Sony to release the PS5 sooner than they originally have planned. I'm talking about a high probability of a PS5 in 2018, so I guess I'll just have to wait. Besides, that $499 price can use some competition.

Insane!

A better price tag than the PS3 back in 2006? lol

Insane!

A better price tag than the PS3 back in 2006? lol

The PS3 costed a lot in the past.

A lot of people claimed that it was like a Super Computer in 2006 because it had the Cell Processor which was very advance for in 2006.

The PS3 was a decent price if you plan on using all the PS3's power for super computer tasks by installing Linux on it, and connecting it to a large network of many PS3 on the same network, and use the cluster of PS3 for calculating and analyzing lots of data in real-time.

But, the PS3 was not the best deal for gaming unless you want to play games with better graphics and need a Blu-Ray disc player back in 2006 because the PS3 had a faster processor, and a Blu-Ray disc drive where Blu-Ray can hold more game data than DVD disc which were used by the Xbox 360.

Am I the only one that's bit disappointed by its design? I expected something different but it looks too similar to the Xbox One S. The controller seems big, it for sure won't feel good in my ''tiny'' hands. I really wish they would look at the controllers Sony is making for Playstation. They're one of the most comfortable controllers I've used in a long time.

Anyway, the price is way too high. I expect it to drop in a year or two after the release so if anybody plans on buying it, it is probably best to just wait. I won't buy it because I prefer the Playstation console. I do have a TV supporting 4K but I am not a graphics fanatic so I don't care as much where I would be willing to pay $499.

Design is kind of meh, but it's sleek which I think most expect these days.

And too high? Yes the price is high but you realize that a PC running this same equipment runs nearly 1,000 dollars. Meaning MS won't be making anything off of Xbox one X and I highly doubt it get any price cuts any time soon if ever.

Design is kind of meh, but it's sleek which I think most expect these days.

And too high? Yes the price is high but you realize that a PC running this same equipment runs nearly 1,000 dollars. Meaning MS won't be making anything off of Xbox one X and I highly doubt it get any price cuts any time soon if ever.

MS maybe losing money when selling an Xbox One X because of how powerful the One X is. MS would make the money back by selling games, Xbox Live Subscriptions, DLC, Digital games and Online Advertising on Xbox Live and inside of games, videos, apps, and other content.

MS maybe losing money when selling an Xbox One X because of how powerful the One X is. MS would make the money back by selling games, Xbox Live Subscriptions, DLC, Digital games and Online Advertising on Xbox Live and inside of games, videos, apps, and other content.

that's the only reason they can sell the system at such a loss.

that's the only reason they can sell the system at such a loss.

I agree, it is the only reason for selling it at a loss.

People who buy an Xbox One X may also be more likely to buy a Windows Surface tablet, all-in-one PC, and the Surface laptop after seeing a lot of ads for Microsoft Surface computers and tablets when they are in the Xbox X dashboard.

MS can also use the Xbox One X to collect user's data if users use the web browser in Xbox One X, and use apps like voice search, Skype, and Outlook. The data is useful for improving the Xbox Operating system, and predict fads like Fidget Spinners, Flappy Birds, Pokemon Go, and bottle flip challenge where MS can make more money by releasing new games, and apps related to those fads before Sony and Nintendo release similar games and apps.

Is Xbox one X for owners of vanilla PS4s moving up to a 4K console to hook up to their new 4K TV? I’m sure Microsoft would love to welcome those new customers into the Xbox ecosystem! But in that case, Microsoft is asking those folks to switch ecosystems and pay a $100 premium over the PS4 Pro. That sounds like a tall order.

As far as I can tell, the X is primarily aimed at the most dedicated Xbox fans who also have (or plan to buy) 4K TVs. Heck, even its name suggests it’s only for the hardest of the hardcore.

Is Xbox one X for owners of vanilla PS4s moving up to a 4K console to hook up to their new 4K TV? I’m sure Microsoft would love to welcome those new customers into the Xbox ecosystem! But in that case, Microsoft is asking those folks to switch ecosystems and pay a $100 premium over the PS4 Pro. That sounds like a tall order.

As far as I can tell, the X is primarily aimed at the most dedicated Xbox fans who also have (or plan to buy) 4K TVs. Heck, even its name suggests it’s only for the hardest of the hardcore.

pretty much. you can say the xbox one x is a true PS4 pro.

I never liked the Xbox One design, so it's pretty much a given that I dislike the design of this incarnation.

Aesthetics aside, I'll echo other people's opinions: the price tag is, frankly, a huge turn-off, even if the hardware underneath is beautiful. The UK price is going to absolutely suck.

I watched the E3 when it went live I watched it on Mixer , Which use to be called beam. The Xbox one X looks great I have the Xbox one S at the minute. But to me they look a little similar I do know there ment to generate a lot more powers.

Is anyone thinking of getting a Xbox One X ...

I watched the E3 when it went live I watched it on Mixer , Which use to be called beam. The Xbox one X looks great I have the Xbox one S at the minute. But to me they look a little similar I do know there ment to generate a lot more powers.

Is anyone thinking of getting a Xbox One X ...
I'm honestly thinking about it, huge price-tag aside. I used to play on my Xbox 360 Elite, a good few years back.

The internals of the new console are a huge leap: it's like going from a Master System to a Saturn in one go.

Back