Xbox Scorpio to be revealed at 9 am ET by Digital Foundry

and you know the shit is about to hit the fan when he says that he has never seen anything like this in his career.

Seems way to high tech for its own good.

But the good thing is, its high tech is complicated for the engineers, but not for the developers/programmers. As I understand it. It will be interesting to see what Xbox brings this year E3, software wise.

I agree with this. Still.....listening to this guy talk about the Scorpio in this video doesn't make me exited for it (I'm sorry). I'd have to see what games they produce for it first.

the games would have to look amazing, but to do this would mean that they would most likely come out later than what they would come out on PS4/Switch.

the games would have to look amazing, but to do this would mean that they would most likely come out later than what they would come out on PS4/Switch.

Some of the games may already be made, or being made before the release date of the Scorpio. The bigger game publishing company may already have an Xbox Scorpio, or build a custom PC or Virtual machine which has similar specs as the Scorpio to test their game for the Scorpio.

But, I agree most Scorpio games will most likely come out later than the Xbox One original, PS4, and Switch games unless the game makers hire more workers, and use faster computers to make Scorpio games.

I imagine the Scorpio games will be out at the same time. I see this as basically upgrading the resolution and settings like a PC game. XB1 is low, PS4 medium, PS4 Pro high, and Scorpio Ultra. Shadow of War is confirmed for the Scorpio.

I imagine the Scorpio games will be out at the same time. I see this as basically upgrading the resolution and settings like a PC game. XB1 is low, PS4 medium, PS4 Pro high, and Scorpio Ultra. Shadow of War is confirmed for the Scorpio.

If the games do come out around the same time for Scorpio, then it will be buggy. Seems like if a console has greater higher or lower specs, the game has issues.

If the games do come out around the same time for Scorpio, then it will be buggy. Seems like if a console has greater higher or lower specs, the game has issues.

It is disapointing that game makers don't fully test, and fix an entire game to have fewer problems, or almost no problems like back in the past when the PS2 was considered a very fast game console.

I think most people are willing to wait a little bit longer for a game with fewer problems. I would be very annoyed that I bought a game which did not work.

I'm trying to think, when has this situation happened before?

Yooka-Laylee Switch delay.
That's the opposite situation though. Playtonic is a small indie team and they designed the game for PS4, XB1, and PC. They have to figure out a way to port their game to a weaker system with entirely different architecture. Scorpio appears to use the same architecture as the XB1 so it won't need much extra work, just some extra settings unlocked like the PS4 Pro features (4k resolution, 60 FPS).

We'll see what Microsoft has to say about it today. It would flop massively if games were always delayed.

Back