Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Microsoft has announced or maybe teased, specs of their next console upgrade, Scorpio. Here it is in image form:

full

Microsoft also claims that Scorpio is capable of running a Forza tech demo at 60 frames-per-second at 4K resolution. Microsoft also promises that it will play Xbox 360 and Xbox One games.

Microsoft also says that Scorpio can offer improvements to those older Xbox games including more consistent framerates, better textures, and faster load times though that will be up to the games’ publishers.

Though no price is given, any PC with these kinds of specs doesn't sell for any less than 500 or 600 dollars maybe 700. Given MS's lack of software, I don't see how they can possibly push this behemoth and not go under.

I think there needs to be more games and TV apps for the Xbox Scorpio to make it worth a high price tag if it cost a lot when you can build a decent gaming PC for $600, and can play many PC games, emulators, and Xbox One games which got released to Windows 10.

Maybe Microsoft will keep the console reasonably priced because MS figure out many ways to save money by hiring low-paid factory workers and robots to build most of the console, not spending a lot money on advertising,and shipping and handling, using a cheap cardboard box and packaging, and using cheaper parts like the power supply, power cable, wires, HDMI cable, ports, cooling system, and case which usually don't effect the speed of the console, but may effect the long term reliability of the console if parts like the power supply, and wires are cheaply made.

I do feel the price will still be high with MS still taking a hit on making it as cheap as possible.

MS can also raise the price of Xbox Scorpio games to earn more money, and sell the console at a low cost where they don't make money, and sometimes lose money for every console sold.

I think some consoles are sold at a lower cost, so the console earn less money, and sometimes lose money on each console sold. But, the console money make a lot of money from games, DLC, online multiplayer like Xbox Live, and Ads in the console's software and games like how Xbox Live has ads.

MS can also raise the price of Xbox Scorpio games to earn more money, and sell the console at a low cost where they don't make money, and sometimes lose money for every console sold.

lol, do we want MS to go out of business? I mean, I guess gamers would pay more for games but not as many as people would with a $60 price tag. Plus game money doesn't all go to MS, that gets split up between a few different people.

But if they did want to do this, it be $100 for a game to even hope to make up the cost that this console behemoth will cost.

lol, do we want MS to go out of business? I mean, I guess gamers would pay more for games but not as many as people would with a $60 price tag. Plus game money doesn't all go to MS, that gets split up between a few different people.

But if they did want to do this, it be $100 for a game to even hope to make up the cost that this console behemoth will cost.

Microsoft can also raise the price of online services like Xbox Live. Microsoft making more first party exclusives, and buy profitable game companies like Mojang/Minecraft, so they keep more of the game money instead of splitting as much money with more people except for the workers who work at making the games. Some work maybe able to be done by lower paid workers who live in countries like India, Ukraine, and Vietnam where the cost of living is less expensive than the US, and other countries.

Microsoft may have more money to spend on Xbox these days because they stopped spending a lot of money on less profitable products like Windows Phone, Windows RT, MSN Messenger, etc.

Microsoft can also raise the price of online services like Xbox Live. Microsoft making more first party exclusives, and buy profitable game companies like Mojang/Minecraft, so they keep more of the game money instead of splitting as much money with more people except for the workers who work at making the games. Some work maybe able to be done by lower paid workers who live in countries like India, Ukraine, and Vietnam where the cost of living is less expensive than the US, and other countries.

Microsoft may have more money to spend on Xbox these days because they stopped spending a lot of money on less profitable products like Windows Phone, Windows RT, MSN Messenger, etc.

Any increase in price is a negative for video game players. To look at history, Sony came out with a very pricey PS3 and it nearly put them under.

Any increase in price is a negative for video game players. To look at history, Sony came out with a very pricey PS3 and it nearly put them under.

The PSP Vita did not help Sony out. I think Sony's less popular and declining businesses like computers, smartphones, tablets, stereos and TVs may also of caused Sony to lose a lot of money.

Microsoft still has the Xbox One Slim, and original Xbox One which earnings may help create the Xbox Scorpio.

Microsoft may of gotten a good deal from AMD for the Scorpio's CPU and video chip, and found a DDR5 RAM maker which is willing to sell 12GB of DDR5 for a low cost. 1TB hard drive, and disc drive are usually not very expensive to buy. Consoles are sometimes cheaper to build than a PC because most of the parts are built-into one circuit board, and don't require as much materials like metals, and boards to build one compared to a PC with a lot of wires, metal, boards, and external parts.

By the time the Scorpio is released, the price of making the CPU, and 12GB of DDR5 RAM, and other parts may come down in price, so the Xbox One Scorpio can be sold for less money.

I guess this also brings attention to the fact that will the Scorpio have its own games? Since that anything made for Scorpio won't work for Xbox One regular or slim.

I think most games for Xbox One are similar to Windows 10 PC games. I read online that the Xbox One uses Windows 10 as its operating system, and DirectX12 multimedia software for displaying video and playing audio. But, you can't run Windows .exe programs on an Xbox like a regular PC because the version of Windows 10 on the Xbox has more restrictions and fewer features.

The Scorpio's games may mainly have a higher resolution video maps, and characters and video files are not compressed as much as the Xbox One where picture, video, and other visual files are saved at a lower picture resolution, so they play smoothly on the slower Xbox Ones. The games for the Scorpio may not be much different than games made for Xbox One, and Windows 10 PC version of the games.

I think most games for Xbox One are similar to Windows 10 PC games. I read online that the Xbox One uses Windows 10 as its operating system, and DirectX12 multimedia software for displaying video and playing audio. But, you can't run Windows .exe programs on an Xbox like a regular PC because the version of Windows 10 on the Xbox has more restrictions and fewer features.

The Scorpio's games may mainly have a higher resolution video maps, and characters and video files are not compressed as much as the Xbox One where picture, video, and other visual files are saved at a lower picture resolution, so they play smoothly on the slower Xbox Ones. The games for the Scorpio may not be much different than games made for Xbox One, and Windows 10 PC version of the games.

there will be a difference of night and day for any Scorpio games, as to make it work for both a lower and higher power system will only make the games suffer in quality.

Impressive but I feel the success of Xbox still relies on the price point of this & also exclusives. I suspect you can get a more powerful PC for cheaper than this will be, meaning that it won't really be used for third party games.

Impressive but I feel the success of Xbox still relies on the price point of this & also exclusives. I suspect you can get a more powerful PC for cheaper than this will be, meaning that it won't really be used for third party games.

I'm not sure if 3rd party can make any games for the Scorpio without going out of their way.

there will be a difference of night and day for any Scorpio games, as to make it work for both a lower and higher power system will only make the games suffer in quality.

I feel most third-party Scorpio games may also be available for the regular Xbox One, PC, and PS4/PS4 pro, so the games can be played by as many gamers who own different consoles, or PC. But, the quality of the game for less powerful console won't look as good, and the video frame rates maybe lower like 30 frames per second instead of 60 frames person.

I'm not sure if 3rd party can make any games for the Scorpio without going out of their way.
Scorpio likely just to be a lesser PC version. The way developers make games nowadays is PC first then they compress and dial back settings for consoles, I imagine Scorpio will just have less compressing or settings dialed back and be more in line with PC versions.

Scorpio likely just to be a lesser PC version. The way developers make games nowadays is PC first then they compress and dial back settings for consoles, I imagine Scorpio will just have less compressing or settings dialed back and be more in line with PC versions.

So you're thinking Scorpio is kind of like the Steam box?

So you're thinking Scorpio is kind of like the Steam box?

I think it is possible that the Scorpio is like a Windows Gaming PC or Steam Machine/box which is a Gaming PC with Steam OS for Linux installed on it. The Scorpio uses an AMD CPU and Video chip which is similar to AMD CPU and video chips for PC.

Back