Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Nintendo opened pre-orders for the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 special edition bundle four hours ago. But since then, the online store’s been unstable as folks rush to drop money on the collector’s item.

“We apologize for any inconvenience that you may be experiencing while attempting to pre-order the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 special edition,” Nintendo’s official Twitter account said less than 30 minutes after pre-orders opened this morning. “The My Nintendo Store is experiencing a high volume of traffic and we appreciate your patience while we look into the issue.”

The store listing linked by Nintendo displays a similar message, warning customers they’ve been put in a queue and will be removed should they refresh or close the page. Some claim they’ve stayed on the page for more than hour without any movement, while others mention the short animation loop freezing and leaving them confused about their status.

Furthermore, those who manage to reach the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 special edition listing often find the pre-order button grayed out and non-functional.

For as simple as it is to order, leave it to Nintendo to figure out the worst way of going about business. Especially having limited editions that have limited stock. It's not like they are losing money if they would print more of them.

I'm glad I wasn't going for it, but we did get some great memes out of it. Especially when the page had an error message that was just Wario dancing like he had something to do with it.

It is unfortunate that Nintendo did not use a faster website servers, so the website would not crash as much when too many people try to pre-order Xenoblade Chronicles 3 special edition at once.

Nintendo could of hired a lot of staff members to test out their site before opening pre-orders to see if the site will crash if many people logged in at once.

Back