froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
According to Re/Code, Yahoo CEO Marissa Meyer wants the site to have a much larger video presence, and it’s willing to go right after some of YouTube’s biggest stars and networks. Sources speaking with Recode claim Meyer is willing to offer “better economics,” though the exact plan isn’t quite clear at this point. The immediate goal is to poach YouTube talent with the promise for more money.

Read More

It's good to see that there will be more alternative video sites for people to upload videos to, and earn money as well on Yahoo's video site.

they are wasting their time and money. I've seen yahoo's video set up for their news videos and how they handle most of their other social networks. They will be hated more than youtube currently is being run by google.

I agree Yahoo News Video are not really good.

Yahoo will get viewers if they convince popular YouTubers like Ray William Johnson, Jenna Marbles, and Smosh to post exclusive video content to Yahoo videos. I read AOL is becoming a more popular video content site by making exclusive videos with iJustine, and other popular online celebrities, so Yahoo has a chance of becoming a popular video site for dedicated fans of video creators. 

But, I think advertisers will not pay more money or the same amount of money when buying ads on Yahoo compared to YouTube because Yahoo is not as popular. Yahoo videos could be a good place to buy cheap video advertising because I heard those YouTube in-video ads cost a lot of money, and only people with a lot of money can afford them.

Most of the big YouTubers like NigaHiga, Smosh, and RayWilliamJohnson and many smaller YouTubers have a website, and social networking accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr and Google+ where they embed or link to their videos which would make it easier for their fans to view their videos even if they don't have a Yahoo account. 

I read online that a lot of internet users find and view embedded online videos from YouTube, and other video sites on forums, blogs, social networks, search engines, apps, and websites, and learn about videos from website video links which their friends and family send them by Instant message, text message, chatroom, or e-mail rather than going directly to YouTube.com to look for videos to watch.

Back