E3 Yoshi (2018)

benoit489

Assistant Regional Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits

Another "real material" take on the Yoshi franchise is due to hit the Switch in 2018. Looks fairly simple, but beautiful. The changing views mechanic could lead to some interesting gameplay situations.

I'm disappointed it's another yarn game. I wasn't a fan of Kirby's Epic Yarn and it looks better than Yoshi's Wolly World. It actually reminds me a bit of Yoshi's Story. I might get it for that alone.

Looks good, but I was never a fan of Yoshi's standalone games.

I'm actually kind of interested in this. I've always loved Yoshi but I haven't really played any stand alone Yoshi games. I may give this game a try though since I'm already contemplating getting a Switch anyway. I'm sure I'll have one by the time this game comes out next year.

This game does seem more like Yoshi's Story. I love Yoshi and the standalone games have been kind of hit or miss for me. Wooly World had it's charm. Didn't really like New Island. The changing perspective seems like an interesting mechanic. Definitely considering picking this up since I'm getting a Switch for Odyssey.

Neat little tidbit about this game: it's made using Unreal Engine 4!

It's okay, simple, great graphics as usual. But I'm not a fan of 3D world in a 2D platform, so I might take a pass on this one.

I swear every single goddamn Mario character will get a spin-off game sooner or later. It's straight up milking the franchise and I don't think you can convince me otherwise. Every single character has had crossovers, spin-offs, and media appearance it's not even funny. Nintendo really needs to come up with something new and stop relying on a game that was released in the 1970s.

Back