Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
A record-breaking 14,532 titles were released on Steam in 2023, according to sources that kept track throughout the year.

According to figures logged by SteamDB, 14,532 Steam games were released in 2023, which is an increase of nearly 2,000 from 2022. By comparison, 2022 saw 12,561 games released on Valve's PC platform, and the growth continued a trend that spanned back as far as 2019. The only time Steam saw a major tip in releases was between 2018 and 2019, with 8,900 and 8,134 respective releases. Though the 14,532 games were headlined by releases, including Baldur's Gate 3, Steam's 2023 releases varied in quality. This was due to the platform allowing more use of game development tools and Valve taking a more relaxed approach to curating Steam's available releases.

I wonder how much storage space does 14,532 game titles take up on a storage drive.

I feel it would be impossible for most people to play thousands of games per month.

Im willing to bet a 3rd of those games are cheap and less than 5 bucks though.

I imagine many poorer to middle class gamers will run out of money trying to buy every Steam game , and all the DLC and expansion packs for Steam games.

Plus, their family member like their wife, husband, or parents will try to convince them to stop spending thousands of dollars on Steam games per week, so they don't end up having money problems from buying too many games,

Back