Your country manga

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Unlock full profile styling
I wish I would get a manga in my native language but as my country got so many languages, I highly doubt that's gonna happen.

So, what about you guys?

Have your ever wished for your own country manga?

Manga sold overseas are mostly translated to English, unless a given country (like Germany or France) prefers their native language over English.
Manga sold here are all in Japanese.

Seems like most manga is translated into english by default. Though I love to be able to read it in its native language.

Seems like most manga is translated into english by default. Though I love to be able to read it in its native language.
How many languages do you know demon skeith?
I know only two languages but I can manage to other languages...
So, what about you?

Everyone's dream is to learn Japanese so that they could read raws and such.
I would like to learn it but I highly doubt I could ever do that, as I came to know that Japanese is hard to learn :(

Japanese seem hard because it is so different from everything else, but if you have right mindset and clear, realistic goals, and you practise from the very first day, you will learn the it really is doable.

So how did you first study the language? by doing and completing a Japanese Language course like this ?

And how long did it take for you to master it?

Master wouldn't be the right word, nobody masters an entire language.
However, I went from 2008 to 2010 by playing games in Japanese, I took a break between 2010 and 2015, though I occasionally picked a new word here and there.
And I started learning through practise from 2015 to 2017.
And now I just use the language as part of the country I live in.

Master also means having or showing very great skill or proficiency. There are many levels of mastery, master it enough for everyday usage, not like a Yoda level of mastery lol.

Master and/or fluency(or fluent) are both the right words in this case in my book, anyway doesn't matter, it's cool that you can use the language comfortably.

Last edited:
Looks like people often mistook comic strips to manga. Sometimes it's a pain explaining how different they are from manga.
People shouldn't judge things that they don't know.

Looks like people often mistook comic strips to manga. Sometimes it's a pain explaining how different they are from manga.
People shouldn't judge things that they don't know.
It's not a mistake actually, "manga" is simply the Japanese word for "comic".
It's just that overseas people decided to distinguish "Japanese manga" from every other comic.

I only really said "manga" to refer to the Japanese variety to be understood.

It's not a mistake actually, "manga" is simply the Japanese word for "comic".
It's just that overseas people decided to distinguish "Japanese manga" from every other comic.

I only really said "manga" to refer to the Japanese variety to be understood.
Hmm...but even so...for me comics are batman, superman and other western stuff. They are not very, mature, if I should say so.
For me, manga are mature and comics....are for kids to be honest.

Hmm...but even so...for me comics are batman, superman and other western stuff. They are not very, mature, if I should say so.
For me, manga are mature and comics....are for kids to be honest.
Crayon Shin Chan is far from mature, so it's a comic.
At least, if I go through your logic.

Edit: same goes for Super Mario Kun.

Back