Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
When playing games do you listen to music that is in the video game or do you mute it and play your own songs?

When playing games do you listen to music that is in the video game or do you mute it and play your own songs?
Depends.

If the music in-game is repetitive, I'll mute (lower volume to 0) and play my own assuming I have the equipment to do such a thing.

If there is voice acting or music I'll want to listen to and doesn't get annoying, then yeah, I'll listen to it.

Depends.

If the music in-game is repetitive, I'll mute (lower volume to 0) and play my own assuming I have the equipment to do such a thing.

If there is voice acting or music I'll want to listen to and doesn't get annoying, then yeah, I'll listen to it.

This. I can listen to some game music but if it's horrendous then I'll just lower the volume and put my ear buds in from my MP3 player so I can listen to my own music. Sometimes I just turn the volume completely down and just listen to silence so as not to disturb other people in the house that might be sleeping.

Depends. I sometimes have spotify on in the background for GTA V unless I'm listening to the in game radio whereas for other games I prefer game music

It depends if the game music is nice or not. If its dull i will switch to my youtube playlists or spotify.

When I play on the PS4 I only play music if it is an online game (FIFA or COD), and then I use the Spotify/Playstation Music app to play my own music.

Usually the game music. It helps that most games I play (like the Zelda series, various Mario games, etc) have decent to good in game music anyway.

I always give the game soundtrack a chance, making good music for a game isn't easy.
I've yet to play a game with so awful music that I couldn't bear listening to it, so I usually settle with the game's music. I mostly play Nintendo games, and they're not known for having awful soundtracks.

If it's a handheld, I pretty much always mute it. That's normally getting played while I watch a TV show, so I'd rather hear that.
If it's a console, it depends. If I'm playing a CoD, I'll have my headset on, just listening to that. If I'm playing MGSV, I'll have my earbuds in under the headset, listening to music or podcasts.

Back