Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of The Duelist will be coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in Q3 2015.

This upcoming download-only title will feature key stories and decks, 90 characters from the show, and offer "a nostalgic journey to the memorable world of the Yu-Gi-Oh! series", along with a brand-new story campaign.

There'll also be a new Battle Pack Sealed Deck and Draft for online or AI duels. Battle Pack formats supported include Battle Pack: Epic Dawn, Battle Pack 2: War of the Giants, and War of the Giants: Round 2.

"Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist sees players from around the world invited to take part in an elite Dueling program that simulates the best Duels from every era of the Yu-Gi-Oh! universe," says publisher Konami. "Gamers can replay actual events from the Yu-Gi-Oh! canon, from the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series up to Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL."

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V duels will also be included at a later date -- as well as other additional Decks, Avatars, Duels and playable characters -- but as yet it's unclear whether this content will be free or for purchase.

New to Yu-Gi-Oh!? Don't panic; the game will also feature a "comprehensive" tutorial to help you manage the 6,600 cards -- the most ever seen in a Yu-Gi-Oh! video game.
source

Sounds pretty fun.

I recall reading somewhere that cards and decks "would be available upon launch" which is video game publisher code for Launch DLC, which doesn't bode well for the future of this game.

That being said, it does have a small niche over the Pro family in that the AI can use the Battle Pack system.

I liked Yu-Gi-Oh a lot but kind of fell out of the circle, I played one of the games for DS. I might end up getting this as long as it isn't DLC crazy.

Back