Yuji Horii confirms that DQ XI will be an offline RPG and is developed for home console(s)!

shadowsupernature

Awards
Credits
I'm on my phone and since it is a bother to copypaste the text here via smartphone I'll just put in the link.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1074920
I hope this finally puts the 3DS rumor to rest.
(Also interesting how he says consoles, so maybe it'll be multiplat after all, fine with me as long as it comes to PS4.)

Apparently the original article doesn't use the plural, but I don't speak french so I'll leave the thing in the brackets

Please come to PS4... its been awhile since theres been a DQ game there.

DQ8 is probably the best DQ.... and it was on the ps2.... that was forever ago

Considering how this series has been so Nintendo centric over the past few years I wouldn't be too shocked if this was for the Wii U.

Although, with the way Square Enix is now footing Sony so hard combined with the fact Nintendo seems to have all but given up on the Wii U, this just MIGHT be a PS4 game. And I really hope it is.

Yeah, I agree with the guy above me. I think Dragon Quest Heroes was a way to test if they still had a DQ audience on Playstation. They realized that they did and figured on bringing the main series back to Sony systems. At least that's my theory.

excellent news, haven't touched their last ones. I hope it's good as DQ 8.

Demon_Skeith said:
excellent news, haven't touched their last ones. I hope it's good as DQ 8.

As good as DQ8?

Not impossible, but that's going to be tough. Dragon Quest 8 might have been the series high point. So it's a lot to shoot for.

I just had a thought, maybe Square Enix has come to their senses.

Think about it, for as old as the company is, the company reached its heights due to Playstation. Yes, they made Nintendo games for the NES and SNES, but they never reached the same level of fame and profit until they started making games for Playstation.

And with the way Nintendo's home systems consistently decline, they may have said "let's go with what always worked for us", and are deciding to put this on the PS4/ PS3.

That's just my hunch/ opinion though.

The public seems to want it on Playstation. Nikkei put out a false report that it would be on PS4. That false report sent Square Enix stock skyrocketting to the highest it's been all year.

So if they are listening to their fans, without Wada being around, they should do what the fans (and those stocks) tell them.

Back