Zelda Games

Only the NES VC, 3DS OoT, and DSiWare 25th Anniversary Edition. As great as Ocarina of Time is, there's charm in how fun and creative the NES one is.

Until the Wii U, I hadn't played a Zelda game. Now I have like 4 on Switch and still haven't touched them lol.

I played most Zelda games and my favorite is Majora's Mask. While I do love BoTW and ToTK, I just love the charm in the N64 games.

The first zelda was my first game, played it often with my Grandma. Zelda 2 was good, but meh. OoT was life changing (at the time), didn't play MM till the gamecube collection and really enjoyed it.

Wind Waker was fun, didn't realize it was a OoT sequel.

TP was fun, but found it way too easy.

Skipped Skyward sword till it came on the Switch, was not messing with motion controllers.

BotW was a lot of fun, but didn't feel like Zelda. Still don't have TotK.

Played all the handhelds and the similar SNES game, all fun.

Gameplay and storywise as a whole Ocarina Of Time is still my favorite. Skyward Sword second because of the flying stuff ! story is also pretty good and Skyward sword has the most developed Link and Zelda PLOT ship too lol.

I agree with what CBR said about the 2 games:

Ocarina of Time is still considered one of the greatest video games ever created, and a big part of that is its story. This was the most ambitious storytelling the series had ever attempted, and has still never been outdone. A big indication of the greater emphasis on storytelling was in the introduction of two new main characters, Sheik and Ganondorf, both of whom served to provide more depth to Princess Zelda and Ganon than ever before.

The introduction of time travel into the narrative is also powerful in signifying Link's loss of innocence as a young boy who is fated to trade his childhood for a life of heroism. Ocarina of Time is the kind of timeless coming-of-age story that can and should be told over generations like any great fairytale.

As far as storylines go in Zelda, Skyward Sword is a masterclass for the series. Skyward Sword is still hard for many fans to get into because of the motion control-oriented combat, but in terms of its dungeons and story, Skyward Sword is easily one of the best Zelda titles to date.

Skyward Sword's narrative was easily the most ambitious in the series, as it set out to form the starting point of the infamous and oft-debated The Legend of Zelda timeline. There are genuinely emotional scenes in Skyward Sword that push the envelope for cinematography in the Zelda franchise, making this story truly memorable for those willing to give it a chance.

Back