Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Here is a list of changes that will happen to the Zelda Majora's Mask 3DS game.

The water boss battle is changed.

Sounds like an alright change. I never found the boss particularly hard, but it was more challenging that the others. I think my strategy then used to be stand as Young Link on the platform, fire arrows to stun it, then jumping in and electrocute it as zora Link.

I remember they also cut the cinema of the deku scrub going into the yellow deku flower in clock town if you were near it.

Last night I played a bit before I passed out and in that short time I noticed some changes. Nothing particularly bad.

• They added a sign, before the tree stumps Link jumps to chase after the skull kid, with a review of the controllers, at least they lampshaded it by starting with "You probably already know this..." 
    Thing is, those pre-chase areas are suppose to teach you that. You move Link in the first room and even discover you can cut grass with B, if you play more you even discover you can move your shield, change angle with the L button, etc. Then this room where the sign in, you cannot access the exit until you tried to jump the logs and see that it is automatically. The game is teaching you as you go. Oh, well, at least is not obligatory to read. Not big deal, really.
  • They added a dialog for Tatl which is not optional, where she explains a bit about items and how to set them up. I don't mind they add help dialogs but having her jump to your face for it is a step back that breaks the flow.

Between that text, the sign and the Sheikah Hint Stone I just felt the hand holding practice there and that is a bit sad. 

• Another change I noticed is that Tatl here admits not being sure as she doesn't visit the town often, encouraging you to explore, which I think is a change for the better instead of getting the nagging go north from the get go.  :yes: 

Back