Zelda the big winner at E3

petesede

Credits
So I was just checking on some social media reporting companies, and it seems like Zelda has gotten the most social media love since E3... things like mentions on twitter and stuff like that. I guess it is because a lot of us older folks grew up on the original? Who knows.

But it does show why gaming companies re-use old IPs rather than starting new ones. It is so hard to create ´instant buzz´ with a new IP.

People do love their Zelda.

I would say it would definitely be the winner out of all the games out there, not only because it's a familiar name we all know and love but the fact that it has a more open-world feel much like Windwaker had way back when, and that's honestly why i'm most looking forward to it. I also noticed that in a lot of the showcase video in E3 it appears as though you can do much more interaction with objects and animals, much beyond any other game of it's type previously. I believe they really did out-do themselves this time and i'm curious to actually get my hands on it and try it out to see if it lives up to my expectations, :)

I think it's a game that seemingly lives up to what fans expect from the series, and sequels in general. It looks like it'll be a fresh, new experience, but with the same concept we grew to love. Good sequels and remakes have been hard to come by lately, and a lot of the other E3 games weren't that special. It looks like the perfect balance of still NEW stuff, but still Zelda. I'm not surprised people are the most hyped for this game.

Zelda looked great! And like you said, it was getting the most buzz on social media. Even people who aren't huge Nintendo gamers were talking about it.

In regards to the new IP discussion though, this Zelda game might as well be a new IP because there is nothing like it in the Zelda franchise. We will have to see for sure when the game comes out, but this is probably the biggest departure for the series since Zelda 2.

Honestly, given the fact that Nintendo said they weren't going to host a proper show at this year's E3, pretty much nobody expected anything big from them. I think that's why the Zelda demo provoked such a big buzz on the Internet. Of course, that, and the fact that the game looks exceptionally good.

I just hope that the developers are not promising too much and that the final product will end up as good as expected.

It was something expected during this E3. A focus in the new old same old Pokémon and the hyped Zelda WiiU. At least Nintendo admitted they will delay this great launch for another year,and that's clearly for the purpose of giving the Nx a strong debut in the Market. I genuinelly felt bad when people were angry for the lack of games in previous E3 and Iwata (R.I.P) apologized for that.

Sometimes We gamers can be pretty much "dicks" when We are not pleased, and I meant after that shameful display of hatred poured over Metroid spin off last year.

I remembered when mega64 did a hilarious parody of this.

Last edited:
I would say it would definitely be the winner out of all the games out there, not only because it's a familiar name we all know and love but the fact that it has a more open-world feel much like Windwaker had way back when, and that's honestly why i'm most looking forward to it. I also noticed that in a lot of the showcase video in E3 it appears as though you can do much more interaction with objects and animals, much beyond any other game of it's type previously. I believe they really did out-do themselves this time and i'm curious to actually get my hands on it and try it out to see if it lives up to my expectations, :)

I agree with this completely, Zelda is one of those IPs that keeps the old charm, but moves forward with the latest trends and is not afraid to add new stuff. There seems to be a lot more interaction and ´world´ about it and less linearity.

I never thought I would live to see Zelda break away from OOT (Ocarina of time) formula. That was the last time when Zelda totally revolutionized gaming. But after that each Zelda iterations were just refining the same formula with few twinks. This will be the first zelda to break away those and I hope it brings new life to the industry just like the last time when OOT came out.

I really hope they don't go overboard on the whole open world thing. Everyone wants to cash in on this open world do whatever you want hype and skip over on important things like story line, and character development. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be something that everyone hates when it could have been so much more. Plus from the preview I saw, where "Link" was jumping on the giant rock creature, it really just reminded me of a rip off of a Shadow of the Colossus boss battle, but a lot easier. I just hope it is challenging, fun, and they don't lose the sight of Zelda and turn it into another "Survival" "Open-world" game. Here's to hoping.

Back