Zelda Williams tweets about E3, possibly Majora's Mask 3D announcement

benoit489

Assistant Regional Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits

For anybody that remembers, she did a commercial spot with her dad, Robin Williams, for Ocarina of Time 3D when it came out. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bINUfbLV_0M

Looks like a Majora's Mask 3D could be in the works. Here's an interesting interview from 2011 in which Robin Williams explains they named their daughter Zelda. It also details that her favorite game is.... Majora's Mask!!

Last week Zelda Williams said she was "really happy" to be named after Zelda and now her Oscar-winning actor father has revealed that it was actually his son who chose the name.

"It seemed only natural. When my wife was pregnant, my son Zachary mentioned that Zelda would be the perfect name for his new little sister."

You see, Zachary - like his father and mother - enjoyed playing the original Legend Of Zelda game back in 1987.

"Hours on hours would go by and we'd become completely immersed in the epic adventure," Williams explained. "My favourite part was solving the puzzles. I loved exploring every room to find secret passages and hidden objects. I vividly remember the sound the doors would make when they opened."

Williams doesn't regret his decision to name his daughter after a videogame. "Zelda... What a great name... it's magical, like she is!"

As for Zelda Williams herself, she loves "the fact that I am named after a princess" and is a big fans of the series.

"I finished nearly all the Zelda games... my best memory of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was definitely playing with the bow and arrow. I was an archer at the time and still love archery so it was really fun to use it in the fantasy world. That and Epona... I also rode horses at the time, and I loved the idea of calling a horse with a musical instrument."

However, her favourite game is Majora's Mask.

Last edited by a moderator:
As sad as I would be about MM for 3DS, that's awesome. Who'd have known her favorite would be MM.

I'm all for reading into things, but I don't think it's for Majora's Mask 3D. The tweet is incredibly vague on purpose, I'm sure there're a lot of other theories bouncing around right now. Nintendo hasn't mentioned anything about a remake, and honestly I'm glad for that…I want to see the Wii U Zelda before any more remakes…we got OoT3D and WWHD as remakes in the span of time we've had Link Between Worlds. Nintendo's due for a new game before they look at remaking yet another.

They might announce Zelda U and MM 3D to keep fans satisfied until Zelda U can come out.

I think it's also worth noting that she said shortly after; "I'm going to guarantee you, it's not what you think... "

So who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's also worth noting that she said shortly after; "I'm going to guarantee you, it's not what you think... "

So who knows.

Oh darn it!

Could also be Zelda U. Or something to do with Hyrule Warriors. Or another Zelda spinoff game.

This is confusing... She will be AT E3, but isn't Nintendo doing a digital conference?

Maybe she's not actually doing anything Nintendo-related, hence why we wouldn't expect it. I bet she'll be revealing the next Kinect Sports!

Nintendo is going to have a surprise conference featuring solely her revealing Wii Music U.

Maybe she's not actually doing anything Nintendo-related, hence why we wouldn't expect it.

This is actually what I was getting at.

Back