Anyone heard of GOG.com?

GOG.com is a great source for my old favorite PC rpg classics. I love that site, they have bargain sales quite often and you can download the games to your desktop in order to play them and store a backup wherever you want without drm or keys. If there is any game also featured in Steam that is readily available in GOG.com. I suggest to buy it in GOG steam.

Someone here said that it's like Steam and Origin, but actually it's the complete opposite! They're selling their games DRM-free and that's why I love them! I always was an anti-DRM person (not that I don't buy games - my Steam Library has 169 titles and the Summer Sale is coming :grin:) and now that I'm using Linux it only makes playing some of the games easier to run through Wine. If you're using Steam, you can go to GOG Connect and get some of your games DRM-free without paying a dime!

While you can say Origin and UPlay are trying to be like Steam, GOG.com is definitely not. They focus on their games being DRM-free, so available to play without being connected to the internet. GOG.com is compeltely owned by CD Projekt, the same company responsible for Witcher 3 and my favourite video game company right now :)

I've heard numerous good things about GOG.com, but I've invested far too much money in my Steam account to be willing to make the switch. All my gaming friends are on Steam as well :(

GOG is great. All their games art DRM-free and they even give away an occasional free game. I even managed to get fallout 1,2, and fallout tactics free a couple of years ago. :)

Back