Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

something you should all watch.

I saw that earlier today. I didn't know MMOs stretched that far back.

Though as for MMOs evolving... I can accept that. They have to otherwise they would die out. And we've already seen some that haven't made it. Though at the same time it's also worth remembering that nothing lasts forever. Eventually all of them will either evolve until there's nothing left of the original or close down/fade away.

But as for Star Wars: TOR being meh... I kind of wonder if it's because the hype was too much for it to ever live up to (it is Star Wars afterall so you know the hypetrain would be full steam on that one). Plus there is the fact that most MMOs require a ton of grinding to get decent stuff and that takes time/energy which maybe was a bit too much. I mean there has to be a decent balance of time put in and reward out. If people feel like they're grinding and not getting anywhere then they'll grind to a halt.

I knew MMOs were around for a long time, but had no idea that they were so costly back in the day which I can understand. Thankfully the companies were willing to make it cheaper or MMOs would be dead.

I feel Destiny is a good modern day MMO for shooters, instead of the new version everywhere, just keep the same content updated for cheaper.

I think MMO are still popular in places like China, and South Korea where I read stories of people being addicted to them. MMO like Game of War which sponsored the video, AVABEL , and Clash of Clans are also popular on smartphones and tablets.

I think some of the MMO gamers just move to different platforms like Google Android and iOS.

I think MMO are still popular in places like China, and South Korea where I read stories of people being addicted to them. MMO like Game of War which sponsored the video, AVABEL , and Clash of Clans are also popular on smartphones and tablets.

I think some of the MMO gamers just move to different platforms like Google Android and iOS.

The koreans will keep the MMOs alive, tis their life blood

The koreans will keep the MMOs alive, tis their life blood

I agree, the young people in South Korea are very dedicated to their MMO games. They are so dedicated to MMOs that the Government feels it is necessary to setup a MMO Curfew time limit for kids to teens to stop gaming after 12AM to 6AM according to http://www.ironrealms.com/south-korea-mmorpg-gaming-curfew-law-goes-into-effect

I think once South Korea gets rid of the time limit for online gaming for young people, MMO will be even more popular in Korea because there is not much to do after 12 AM since most places like Movie theatres are closed, so a lot of young people will probably want to play MMO after 12AM.

There are more MMO games now, on different platforms like PC, mobile, and console, so people who played an MMO like World of Warcraft may now be playing a less popular MMO like Guild War, EverQuest, Final Fantasy MMO games, Runescape, and web browser based MMOs on Facebook and other websites.

MOBAs like League of Legends, and Dota 2 can be considered MMO because MOBAs are also massively multiplayer online games, so there could be more MMO gamers now if you count MOBA games as MMOs.

I bet, when more people have very fast internet connections, there will be more MMO gamers.

Back