Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Switch 2, Super Switch, Switch 64? Whatever Nintendo is planning, I have no doubt it will be announced and maybe even launch this year.

What are your thoughts on Nintendo's next console? What you hope to see, not see, or think what its name will be, discuss it all here.

I hope to see... a better online experience? I dont know... I remember playing splatoon 3 with my cousins over the holiday break and ... it was an experience. kept disconnecting but my internet was just fine.

Maybe they will stick with mini cartridges? not a disk.

I hope to see... a better online experience? I dont know... I remember playing splatoon 3 with my cousins over the holiday break and ... it was an experience. kept disconnecting but my internet was just fine.

Maybe they will stick with mini cartridges? not a disk.

Hopefully they are upgrading their backend as well for better online play as well as making a console that has an ethernet port!

Nintendo's next gen fire emblem waifu PLOTS lol

wonder if the rumored Fire Emblem Genealogy Remake will be ended up as the first next gen Nintendo's Fire Emblem game.

A console with two screens in portable mode and a split screen in TV mode. A digital-only edition and a physical cartridge edition. Most likely, it would be called a Switch Pro.

Read from nintendolife

Speaking via a predictions round-up over on GamesIndustry.biz, Dr. Serkan Toto, CEO of game industry consultancy firm Kantan Games, has also predicted that the console's games will increase in price to $70, bringing them in line with recent gradual changes made to PS5 and Xbox games.

Finally, he's quite adamant that, with Pokémon being associated with handheld gaming, the 'Switch 2' will at the very least maintain the portability of the current console.

Here's Toto's quote in full:

"The time is finally here for a Switch successor, even though I can say a "Pro" model actually did exist and certain developers were already working with the dev kit. I believe the next hardware will drop next year (2024) for $400. There is a high chance that games will cost more, too: $70.
"The next system is also likely to be an iteration rather than a revolution. Nintendo might add some bells and whistles to the device, but it will be similar to the current Switch. And because there is Pokémon, and Pokémon is associated with handheld gaming, there is no way on earth Nintendo will drop the portability feature for their next big thing."

Its not a hardware prediction but a software one. I think we're gonna get the Gamecube Online this year, and maybe DS Online as well.

Read from nintendolife

Speaking via a predictions round-up over on GamesIndustry.biz, Dr. Serkan Toto, CEO of game industry consultancy firm Kantan Games, has also predicted that the console's games will increase in price to $70, bringing them in line with recent gradual changes made to PS5 and Xbox games.

Finally, he's quite adamant that, with Pokémon being associated with handheld gaming, the 'Switch 2' will at the very least maintain the portability of the current console.

I feel like the Switch isn't as portable compared to a Nintendo DS or 3DS because you would need a battery backup or bring something to charge it on the go. It has to power a bigger screen and also has more powerful specs that use up electricity more. That knowing the Switch is prone to heating up, it isn't energy efficient in that regard.

Read from nintendolife

I have no doubt, which is bad for Nintendo because they don't cut prices!

It be a great launch title.
The story has adult stuff in it, wonder if it's going be the first M rated fire emblem game. Hopefully they are going to change the
kinda icky half incest stuff eew though they don't know the fact that they are related, because of the memory wipe spell stuff mostly and for demonic stuff.
other than that the story is great. And Laylea has nice PLOT lol
gq3rEJh.png

Last edited:
There are so many rumours doing the rounds at the moment regarding a new Nintendo Switch announcement and I will admit, I think we are all ready for one.

If there is to be an announcement, I would love to see a better online experience for sure, I feel Nintendo lack at the moment when it comes to online.

I also hope that if they choose to use joycons again, any previous issues will be addressed to avoid those issues in the future.

I feel like the Switch isn't as portable compared to a Nintendo DS or 3DS because you would need a battery backup or bring something to charge it on the go. It has to power a bigger screen and also has more powerful specs that use up electricity more. That knowing the Switch is prone to heating up, it isn't energy efficient in that regard.
Well probably nintendo is using the new 3nm chip tech for switch2 like what nvdia is doing with the upcoming pcie gen 5 gpu RTX 5000 Blackwell series. This will allow stronger gaming peformance and more energy efficient. And thus it should run cooler than 20nm chip. Though with the rumors nintendo is using 5nm chip for switch 2. Still 5nm is also way smaller than 20nm so it should still run more efficiently and cooler.

Well probably nintendo is using the new 3nm chip tech for switch2 like what nvdia is doing with the upcoming pcie gen 5 gpu RTX 5000 Blackwell series. This will allow stronger gaming peformance and more energy efficient. And thus it should run cooler than 20nm chip. Though with the rumors nintendo is using 5nm chip for switch 2. Still 5nm is also way smaller than 20nm so it should still run more efficiently and cooler.
Does game optimization still play a role? Because Pokemon surely isn't optimized.

Does game optimization still play a role? Because Pokemon surely isn't optimized.
Of course. Game code optimization will always play a major role in conjunction with the hardware tech. More optimized code means less instructions for both cpu and gpu. Less instructions = less workload = less energy needed = cooler running hardware.

Of course. Game code optimization will always play a major role in conjunction with the hardware tech. More optimized code means less instructions for both cpu and gpu. Less instructions = less workload = less energy needed = cooler running hardware.
If anything I might only try optimized games then. Even if I don't play as long compared to thermal paste-heating Pikachu.

Reactions: cm2
Lol thermal paste-heating Pikachu.

3nm or 5nm chip should allow more number of bouncier 3d Nintendo Fire Emblem Waifu PLOTs being rendered on screen at the same time on Switch 2 with less power consumption lol

Oh that's not on the console, that's Game Freak not able to program.
If there weren't so many things to put into the game like mons and moves and characters, I would say optimization would be more to blame for the higher-ups.

Back