Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
The Nintendo World Championships is officially returning this year, Nintendo revealed today which is the third of its kind.

This year's competition will be held in the Manhattan Center's Grand Ballroom in New York on October 7. Qualifiers will be held in various Best Buy stores across the United States this month and next, and the challenge is a Mario Kart 7 time trial on the 3DS. There will be two age brackets: competitors aged 12 and younger, and those who are 13 and older.

The younger segment will try for their best time on the Luigi’s Mansion stage. They can only play as Mario and use the standard kart, standard wheels, and the super glider.

The older group must use Bowser with the standard kart, standard wheels, and the super glider on the Bowser Castle 1 course. Those with the highest score in each group from each testing location will advance to the finals.

You can get all details here, on Nintendo's website.

Man, I'd love to be a part of it. Sadly, I don't think the Best Buy near here is one of them, and even if it did, I'd never get to go to New York, assuming I did good.

I would like to do that as well but I don't think the Best Buy in my city is participating in this. I highly doubt it anyway. I wouldn't mind going to New York to participate in the competition, especially since I haven't visited New York before.

Back