Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

30 years of blue shell madness! What are some of your favorite games, items, or whatever else from this series?

I like Mario Kart 7 because of its accessibility and proper balance, especially with respectable item spawns. But I'd be willing to give MK8 the medal because it's everything 7 has but less reliable item spawns and is more about your skill as a driver.

I like Mario Kart 7 because of its accessibility and proper balance, especially with respectable item spawns. But I'd be willing to give MK8 the medal because it's everything 7 has but less reliable item spawns and is more about your skill as a driver.
I never played MK7, but do play MK8 and your right the item spawns are less reliable and does rely more on your driving skills.

I never like the OG Mario kart it always hurt my eyes in some of the tracks

Happy 30th Anniversary to Super Mario Kart! The one game that made popularized mascot racing.

I may have said it here before, but I'll say it again. Mario Kart Wii is one game I fondly remember playing the near heck out of back in my high school years. I remember beating every ghost trial in that game and unlocked almost everything (apart from a secondary Mii costume since I didn't have good online back then). The GameCube controller is my usual weapon of choice, but I still found the Wii Wheel an interesting and innovative option at the time to give players the feel of driving a real vehicle if they so choose.

I need to find more time to play Mario Kart 8 or its Deluxe upgrade. My Mario Kart Wii prowess may be a bit rusty, but I remember enjoying these ones every chance I got.

Fave item? I remember the Mega Mushroom being one of these. The fact they never gave players to race around the tracks as a giant temporarily in Mario Kart 8 or the Deluxe version is beyond me.

Fave item? I remember the Mega Mushroom being one of these. The fact they never gave players to race around the tracks as a giant temporarily in Mario Kart 8 or the Deluxe version is beyond me.
I think it has to do with the fact not every track was designed to have a giant player. Especially hard to use the camera in the zero gravity setting without being unnerved. And a lot of people would complain that it hits way too many players at once when all that really matters is higher speed from behind or slowing the leader down.

I've had a massive amount of fun with every game in the series, such an incredible set of games. Mario Kart 64 was played constantly when i was younger!

Happy 30th anniversary to Mario Kart! The best game that I played when I was just a kid. I wish they stay around for a very long period of time.

In my days it was either this or diddy kong racing that kept us up past midnight.

Diddy Kong Racing is fun but i could never get on with it as much as Mario Kart. I'm not a massive fan of Racing games having a hub, i just want to select a course!

I never did play this, seem like a fun version.
Funny enough I was terrible at it as a kid because I was playing as if the drift controls were like MK7 before it came out, instead of moving the stick left and right for sparks.
Diddy Kong Racing is fun but i could never get on with it as much as Mario Kart. I'm not a massive fan of Racing games having a hub, i just want to select a course!
I've heard Diddy Kong Racing was really hard or at least the final boss was.

Yeah Diddy Kong probably had more of a challenge than Mario Kart did, especially the boss battles.

I don't think I ever played Diddy Kong with my mates, we always played Mario Kart. Probably a missed opportunity!

Back