Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
oge9u0.jpg

I scoured the specifications for each of the three U.S. Ubislate models and found what you’d expect for $38: A fairly low-range set of hardware. The $38 UbiSlate, for example, uses an 800 x 480 7-inch touchscreen, 512 MB of RAM, 4 GB of internal storage that can be expanded via microSD and is powered by a 1 GHz Cortex A8 chip; about the same power as devices from three to four years ago. It connects to the web through Wi-Fi, includes a front-facing VGA camera and runs Android 4.0.3.

Read More

This looks like a pretty good $38 tablat for YouTube, Angry Birds, Web Browsing, eBooks, MP3s, and Video watching. I like that the speaker is located at the front of the tablet instead of the back like other tablets like the Nexus 7.

I remember when a Android tablet with 512MB of RAM, 1GHz CPU, MicroSD card slot, and a camera sold for $100-200 in 2011.

It is great that Ubislate is not over charging for this tablet compared to other simplier electronics like remote controls, game console controllers, and MP3 Players which can cost $50-70 dollars.

Back