3DS AR Cards Revealed

SuperMarioFanX100

Insane, but humble
Awards
Credits
So um....... Remember these things?
nintendo-3ds-packaging-content-ar-cards.jpg

If not these are the AR Cards that will come with the 3DS. There are 6 of them.
Yeah well, it's been reaveled that they will each have a function that corresponds with the 3DS Camera. However, at this time it is only known that the "? Block" can activate Target Shooting and is used to take photos of your Mii or Nintendog via Augmented Reality.

All of the six card's images have been reaveled.

gallery_69_2_34291.jpg

More Here

Last edited by a moderator:
cool, but what does AR stand for?

Argumented Reality? I'm not sure, but that seems like a good guess.

They look really quite nice if I say so myself. What game is the Mario icon from though? I've seen it a lot on Nintendo merch recently...

They look really quite nice if I say so myself. What game is the Mario icon from though? I've seen it a lot on Nintendo merch recently...
Looks like it's definitely from the SNES era... just don't know what game. I feel like saying All Stars, but that doesn't seem right.

These cards sound like fun too, they will be pretty exciting to muck around with!

I thought when you said AR you meant Action Replay. XD
Same. Misleading title is misleading! What do you suppose a 3DS Action Replay will be like?...maybe they'll have codes that turn 3D into 4D...

I thought when you said AR you meant Action Replay. XD

Well, in the extra info topic thing, it says "Not To Be Confused With Action Replay". But It's not like anyone reads that before even clicking on the topic.

So, let me get this straight, you get six cards with characters on them and they do something with the 3DS camera. Right?
huh.gif

Basically yeah.

I hope it makes the character walk around through the camera xD

I can't wait for this. I saw a video a bit ago showing how you can bring your Nintendogs into "real life" with an AR card. The funny thing is that I told a bunch of people that I wanted that to happen, right when the 3DS was announced live during E3. I totally called it, haha.

Makes me wonder though, how the 3DS detects these.

Think people could make their own cards, if they know how to put a code on them? Would be pretty awesome.

Argumented Reality? I'm not sure, but that seems like a good guess.
Close (Augmented, meaning slightly changed or altered, I believe).

Makes me wonder though, how the 3DS detects these.
It is through the cameras. Perhaps the cards are made in such a way that the 2 cameras read entirely separate things, thus letting them know it's an AR card (like those bookmarks that change their images based on the angle you see them at). That's all conjecture, but it sounds good enough to work. XD

Looks like it's definitely from the SNES era... just don't know what game. I feel like saying All Stars, but that doesn't seem right.

These cards sound like fun too, they will be pretty exciting to muck around with!
the mario is smas,the link is phantom hourglass,the kirby is ssu the pikmin from the game of the same name,the samus is metroid prime

Well, in the extra info topic thing, it says "Not To Be Confused With Action Replay". But It's not like anyone reads that before even clicking on the topic.

Basically yeah.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Close (Augmented, meaning slightly changed or altered, I believe).

It is through the cameras. Perhaps the cards are made in such a way that the 2 cameras read entirely separate things, thus letting them know it's an AR card (like those bookmarks that change their images based on the angle you see them at). That's all conjecture, but it sounds good enough to work. XD

No, I completely understand how AR works, but I mean what on the card does it read to know what to display? I see no trace of coding in plain sight, whereas most AR cards do.

Back