Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Nearly 40,000 Verizon workers are preparing to walk off the job at 6 a.m. ET on Wednesday if they have not reached a new labor agreement with the telecom giant which they have been without a confirmed contract since August 2015.

Workers plan to strike to ensure those who need benfits get them, protect their jobs and make sure no portions are moved over seas.

Verizon said that if the strike goes forward, the company is prepared to continue to serve its customers by having thousands of non-union workers being trained to cover new assignments in the event of a strike.

Well Verizon should be able to pay their employees properly considering how much they charge. I am a customer of theirs and I feel they are the best wireless company out there, but I hope it's not at the expense of their workers.

I hope things go well for workers at Verizon, and their jobs don't go over seas, or replace by cheaper less-skilled workers.

I feel Big companies who use workers from over seas countries are risking putting their costumer's privacy data because some countries like India, and Philippines may have less strict privacy laws to protect people's personal data like address, bank account information, and phone numbers because they have other bigger problems like hunger, and affordable healthcare and housing to deal with.

Some over seas workers in less strict countries may also be more likely to steal company information like new product ideas, and promotional plans tto other companies like AT&T, Sprint, T-mobile, etc.

Verizon said that if the strike goes forward, the company is prepared to continue to serve its customers by having thousands of non-union workers being trained to cover new assignments in the event of a strike.
So basically Verizon is boycotting their employers' strike... The point of a strike is to render a company unable to function so that it cooperates. If Verizon replaces the workers who are on strike with new workers, it just makes the strike useless.

Back