Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Wii U had a good first week as it's sales hit the 400,000 mark. But falls short of out doing it's previous system.

In an interview with CNET, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime revealed the figure, also noting that 300,000 Wii consoles were sold in the same week.

"Wii U is essentially sold out of retail and we are doing our best to continually replenish stock," Fils-Aime said. "Retailers are also doing their best to get the product to store shelves. But as soon as product hits retail, they're selling out immediately."

Nintendo also had a good week for handheld sales, with Fils-Aime noting 3DS and DS sales of 250,000 and 275,000 respectively. Fils-Aime said the 3DS “continues on record-setting pace,” reiterating last week’s announcement that more than 6 million 3DS systems have been sold thus far.

By comparison, the original Wii sold 600,000 units during its first 8 days on sale back in 2006.

source

So anyone here get one or know somebody who got one? Is the Wii U what it's crack up to be?

I got a Deluxe last week. It's cool, but definitely not without complaints. Sales are weak compared to how "out of stock" it is.

Apparently it has been varying, which is odd. Mine was only a couple GB's, and the whole process took about minutes.

Yeah, bastards just wanted to make it sell more. One store got so much stock they sent it to another store in my city. Ridiculous.

Back