froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

The JanguarBoard is a single-board computer with an Intel Atom Z3735G Bay Trail processor, 1GB of RAM, and 16GB of eMMC storage. It has currently raised over $23,000 on Kickstarter, well in excess of its initial $3000 goal. January 22 is the deadline if you want to contribute.

Early bird Kickstarter pledges as low as $45 got a board, which may be indicative of the final price point. Right now, however, $65 contributions on Kickstarter is the cheapest way to lock down a board for yourself. For that you’ll get the board, a USB hub, and a 16 GB memory card.

Read more

This does look like a nice $45 computer which is good for using as a basic computer for office work, and less intensive tasks.

I don't get how they can display these motherboards like that, wouldn't static shock be an issue?

I don't get how they can display these motherboards like that, wouldn't static shock be an issue?

Yes, static shock maybe an issue. But, I saw a video that said circuit boards are resistant to small levels of static shock. But, the small levels of static shock may shorten the circuitboard lifespan.

It's kind of surprising to see that they raised so much money for this project. I wonder what the limits of this computer are... Could you do photo editing on it?

I think a lot of people want a cheap affordable computer for doing everyday tasks like office work, web browsing, and watching video, but find other products like the Raspberry Pi too slow, and products like the Intel Compute Stick are kind of expensive since it cost over $100.

You can probably run GIMP, Paint.net or an older version of Photoshop on it, but it may slow down when editing photos which have a large file size.

Back