50$ soon...no idea what I want

K

kingbooforums

My friend owes me 50$ and I am not sure what I want.

I kinda looked into MW3 but after renting it I realized nothing was changed even the graphics and was heavily insulted by this.

So...

I am looking at super mario land 3D. but honestly that game is gonna last me a couple hours tops.(I heard the game is gonna be pretty damn short.)

I kinda want skyrim, I did play oblivion a lot but not really enough to warrant buying skyrim. I am not overly impressed with it either and the graphics have not even changed. Oblivion WAS fun but...

I am looking at the MGS collection but 50$ for some old games really? I don't care how good they are that is a ridiculous price. On the other hand I REALLY wanna try out the MGS franchise as everyone says it's SO good....

So out of those three what should I get?
unsure.gif

Since it's your $50, what's important is that it all comes down to your own personal choice. I can't really say which game would be the best since you have quite the variety of genres listed and I haven't played any of the Elder Scrolls series, so i'll do my best to help.

Of course Mario Land 3D will be a fun game, there's no doubt. It's a must buy for any Mario fan craving for some 3D gameplay. There's always replay value with the various worlds but like you said it maybe too short for you.

Now I personally love the MGS series. Since you're interested in it and it will be your first jump into the series then it's the perfect time to start. I can agree $50 for a few old titles is a bit much but the pros pretty much out way the price. If you're into graphics/processing the games have been rendered in 720p and run at 60 FPS. If you're into collecting Achievements/Trophies, then you should have a fun time acquiring them for all three main games. The collection also includes the original MSX games Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. Also Peace Walker was originally a PSP game but now you have the chance to play it in HD and play online with others for some multiplayer action.

One other thing you have to take account for is all the rest of the Holiday titles that are either out now or close to release. There's lot's of choices but sometimes a bit overwhelming. Just take your time and think thoroughly over what game will give you more bang for your buck. Hope that eases the difficulty.

Well I know with my money I'm going to buy Super Mario 3D Land. You could wait for other games coming out like Mario Kart 7, It could last you a long time. Especially the online multiplayer feature with 7 other people. Or you could just save the money to buy something you really want or need.

Hmm...really leaning towards the MGS collection, but I also need a new 3DS games as I only have star fox and zelda...also kinda want skyrim.

It's all about t3h grafix, right?

No no, I jest. I care about graphics, but a lack of a graphic or engine update ins't enough to deter me from a good game. MW3 is awesome, and I say that without a thread of fanboy-ism. Much better than Black Ops. Skyrim, I predict, will be a GOTY contender. So were I YOU, I'd pick one of those two.

Even though MW3 hasn't changed much, it's wrong for people to call it an expansion pack. A new campaign, new spec ops missions, survival missions, 16 multiplayer maps...the new weapons + sounds and strike packages really bring online together for me.

Considered buying some games off of Steam? You can get a lot of good games for cheap prices.

^Speaking of Steam, didja hear that their credit card database was hacked? Notch told me via Twitter text.

I rented MW3. Had fun for a couple of hours and have mixed feelings.

SML 3D looks really uninspired and all they did was add galaxy and NSMB and mashed it together but the 3DS can't handle it so all the levels are boring and short from what I heard.

My friend owes me 50$ and I am not sure what I want.
I kinda want skyrim, I did play oblivion a lot but not really enough to warrant buying skyrim. I am not overly impressed with it either and the graphics have not even changed. Oblivion WAS fun but...

Well, first of all, if you don't want anything you could always hold on to it and save it.
Secondly, I can definitely vouch for Skyrim, it's a fantastic game.
But the graphics haven't even changed?
They're exponentially better. Oblivions landscapes were dull and boring, Skyrims are rich interesting and well made and designed. Skyrim looks fantastic and beautiful in so many places, Oblivion you can only really say that about a few places and not even that much. Oblivion's best comes out of it's mods. The mods are what make Oblivion look nice.

But besides graphics, Skyrim is incredibly fun and I've enjoyed it tons. It's an incredibly game and I'd recommend anyone to get it.

^Speaking of Steam, didja hear that their credit card database was hacked? Notch told me via Twitter text.

No it didn't. Their forums did. They only have two documented forum accounts that were compromised and a password change was enforced. Their passwords and credit card information is on a completely different platform and are encrypted. But because it's such a serious thing, they're warning everyone to watch out anyways despite their being no evidence of breach on their actual Steam platform. It's very wise.

Also, their forums were an outdated version of vBulletin, it's not surprising it got breached, not that 4.0 doesn't have insecurities but less.

^On the Steam bit, thanks for clarifying that. I was only a messenger of a messenger, after all...like a good ol' game of Telephone.

By the way, I gave into impulse and bought Skyrim last night. It is outSTANDING. Just about every gripe I had with Oblivion has been remedied, and everything is just...beautiful. The story, the musical score, the graphics ... all superb. I'd be shocked if Skyrim didn't nab GOTY (though there have been other great releases this year, too). If you enjoyed Oblivion, you'll love Skyrim.

EDIT: Modern Warfare 3 is great. It's pure testosterone on a game disc. If you love multiplayer and explosions, stick with MW3. But if multiplayer isn't a must-have for you, then Skyrim is by far the superior choice. And unlike previous Bethesda games (specifically F3 and F:NV), I've yet to encounter a single bug.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back