Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
34quwd0.jpg

2cngyad.jpg

The game console is designed for Indie game makers, and everyone who buys Ouya game console can make games for it because it also comes with the Game making Development software.

The console plugs into your TV.

It's OS is Google Android which is also hackable.

Source

The game console kind of looks like the Apple Cube Mini PC, and Nintendo GameCube.

The user interface for the game store looks pretty good. It kind of reminds me of the Apple Website mixed with Xbox Live.

I think this game console would be good for indie game maker who can't get their games publish on Xbox Live or PSN, or also publish their game on this $99 game console for an additional source of money instead of just relying on Xbox, PS3, PC, mobile, ads, and Flash games for money.

I wonder if this game console also support Netflix, Onlive, Gaikai, Google Android apps and games, and Cloud storage and services like Dropbox, YouTube, and Google Drive.

Lol what kind of developers would make games for hackable console?

I think the term hackable for this console means you can install alternative operating systems like Linux, older and future release version of Google Android, and make changes to the code of the operating system like Linux which let the user make custom versions of Linux to suit their needs.

Hackable also could mean upgrading the hardware of the console is possible, so it runs games better because you can upgrade the RAM, CPU, hard drive, and overclock the RAM, CPU, and video card with overclocking tools.

Every owner who buys this console could be a developer because the console also comes with the game making software.

Student, Amateurs, hobbyist, free game makers(flash and mobile game makers), indie dev. like Minecraft, and amateur PC game makers would be most likely to make games for this console to get more attention.

Google Android game makers who make games for Google Play can recode it to work for this console and the controller.

If there are many people who own this console, there would be people who would be interested in making games for this console.

I think the term hackable for this console means you can install alternative operating systems like Linux, older and future release version of Google Android, and make changes to the code of the operating system like Linux which let the user make custom versions of Linux to suit their needs.

Hackable also could mean upgrading the hardware of the console is possible, so it runs games better because you can upgrade the RAM, CPU, hard drive, and overclock the RAM, CPU, and video card with overclocking tools.

Every owner who buys this console could be a developer because the console also comes with the game making software.

Student, Amateurs, hobbyist, free game makers(flash and mobile game makers), indie dev. like Minecraft, and amateur PC game makers would be most likely to make games for this console to get more attention.

Google Android game makers who make games for Google Play can recode it to work for this console and the controller.

If there are many people who own this console, there would be people who would be interested in making games for this console.

Oh well that's interesting. So I can be a designer? :grin:

Oh well that's interesting. So I can be a designer? :grin:

Yes, but most likely you need to learn Java, C++, or whatever coding language are used for games unless the developmental kit is drag and drop like some game making software like RPG Maker, Little Big Planet, etc.

Yes, but most likely you need to learn Java, C++, or whatever coding language are used for games unless the developmental kit is drag and drop like some game making software like RPG Maker, Little Big Planet, etc.

Lol funny how you mention Little Big Planet as a game developing tool :p But I'll admit that I've seen some pretty awesome designs via people in that game.

Back