A "Classicâ„¢" Portfolio

Classicâ„¢

Awards
Credits
Well, I'm just getting back into graphic design. Thus far this weekend I have created:

thehulk.gif

ironmannewsig.gif

ironmansplattertest1notext.gif

supermanblank.gif

And before I took a little hiatus, I had created these. Note that this is a small sample.

tokyolifestyle2copy.png

burtonsnowboardscopy.png

nowargood2notextcovercopy.png

nowarsig1copy.png

dyingfor.png

random.png

farcryshifty.png

moviekillernotext.png

warcraft1.png

destructiondeliverance1.png

socom2borntokill.png

And of course, some site ideas. Not coded, but fully in PSD format and ready to be coded.

unknownpreview2.png

SJpreview2.png

bamdesignpreview.png

506thnewpreview.png

Those look great! How long have you been doing graphics for?

On and off, maybe a total of 2-4 months? But if you add up all my breaks, I'd say around 8 months..hehe.

And thanks for the comment

I actually posted an application over at the Community Lounge, but then I realized that I didn't have 40 posts. Their graphic/gaming sections are far too inactive to keep me around.

I love me some MMORPG/FPS action and graphics.

If I may ask, where could I go about applying for the GFX and all?

Wow, you have gotten good in that amount of time! I also think you would be a fine addition to the GF staff!

I've never actually followed a tutorial before. One day I dedicated about 6 hours of my life to figuring out what pretty much everything in photoshop does - that's why I have some technique (if you can call it that?).

Anyhow, I don't believe in brushes either (at least, brushes that I haven't made). About 85% of my work is no-brushes at all, a good 14% with brushes that I have personally made, and about 1% using other people's brushes.

Again, thanks for the comments

QUOTE (Classicâ„¢ @ June 15, 2008 09:31 pm) I actually posted an application over at the Community Lounge, but then I realized that I didn't have 40 posts. Their graphic/gaming sections are far too inactive to keep me around.

I love me some MMORPG/FPS action and graphics.

If I may ask, where could I go about applying for the GFX and all?
go here if you do it you don't have to fill out the examples of your work and you will be working with Typewriter who is good as you are.

You've never followed tutorial before? Man, you must of had some natural skill then!

Thank you very much. I have posted an application. Hopefully my formatting is alright and my information is filled in to standards.

As for natural skill - I suppose it could be. During my Media Arts class in school, I learned a lot of theory of design - so hopefully I have the knowledge from that still with me. As for the media arts class giving us "tutorials", I was never actually in the "classroom" section when that happened (my teacher always gave me a worksheet that outlined what I had to produce, and I was done a good two to four days prior to the class majority being complete.

QUOTE (Kisame @ June 15, 2008 09:41 pm) You've never followed tutorial before? Man, you must of had some natural skill then!
indeed. but if you take time just to explore things you can come with your own way of doing it making you pics look better.

QUOTE (Demon_Skeith @ June 15, 2008 09:47 pm) QUOTE (Kisame @ June 15, 2008 09:41 pm) You've never followed tutorial before? Man, you must of had some natural skill then!
indeed. but if you take time just to explore things you can come with your own way of doing it making you pics look better.
I couldn't agree more. I'm looking to improve myself vastly - and I don't intend to use tutorials to do so soon.

I find that if you examine a piece of art and then compile your own method of achieving the style, you'll always feel more full about what you've done.

As well, it gets you thinking and you find numerous different styles and techniques along the way to finding the one you wish for.

Thanks for the comments guys. Looking forward to having a good time here indeed.

Back