A concerning EBgames deal.....

J-RAY

Top Fight Security!
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
trade-up-ps4-update-en.jpg

So Ebgames has this deal that if you trade in your PS4 500gb original then you will get a 500gb slim ...... and a $69 dollar game, and ps+ for a year.

I find it very odd that they would offer this for $99. It seems like a steal but I wonder what the catch it. There must be a reason why they are trying to pull out the original ps4s.
Maybe they are built to last longer than the new ones?

What's up with this?

In my experience Sony has always built cheaply made slim models that are never good in quality as the original. My original PS2 is still working after 9 years while a PS2 slim could give out after 3 years.

It's possible that EB games is just trying to give a good deal but I wouldn't rule out some shady unknown detail.

As for the deal itself, why in heck would you trade up? Specially since you have a pain in moving all your data to a new console.

I don't think GB games is allowed to sell new products for whatever price they offer. I think the pricing is handed down from the main company.
Anyway, that's the impression I got when I went to do a business startup.

I don't think GB games is allowed to sell new products for whatever price they offer. I think the pricing is handed down from the main company.
Anyway, that's the impression I got when I went to do a business startup.

They can sell anything at any price, but they would have to make up the difference if it isn't company mandated.

Back