froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
New York City resident Kevin Cook was mugged at gunpoint in Central Park on Saturday, but when the thief stole Cook's phone, he was so upset to find that it was an old flip phone that he gave it back, the New York Post reported.

“Once he saw my phone, he looked at it like, ‘What the f–k is this?’ and gave it back to me,” Cook told the paper. 

Read More

I think using a flip phone is good because few robbers want to steal it because flip non-smartphone cell phones are not worth much. Plus, flip phones are very reliable, and the battery last a long time in my experience. I also like that there is an actual keyboard/keypad for quickly making calls.

I use an old Blackberry wannabe phone and I doubt I could give it away but it does what I need.

I own a flip phone, and I doubt I can give it away to young kids, and young adults, but I bet I can still give it away to older adults since I still see a lot of older adults using flip phones, and regular non-smartphone cell phones.

I think regular cell phones features these days are good enough for lots people since they have cameras, MP3 players, video recording and playback, basic web browsing, and calling and texting features. There are just fewer apps like Skype, games, and messaging apps like Snapchat, and WhatsApps, but some of them have basic apps written in Java, and other programming languages for phones.

I think that's pretty sad and somewhat safe knowing. I think I'll buy flip phones now :p

I think the guy is lucky to be alive since being held at gun point, and not having anything worth stealing could be dangerous if the robber got mad because he got nothing to steal. At least, the robber did not use his gun to shoot the phone, and the guy.

Back