A social network "app" for 3ds? Thoughts and suggestions only!

Johnwaluigi

Demon Lord
Awards
Credits
I was just thinking...
What if nintendo released a social network "app" for 3ds?
They could call it "3ds connect" and I think instant messaging would be a great selling point for the 3ds. Any other suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
What would be nice is if the social network app would run in the background as does the current friends list on the 3DS. Overall any form of communication would be a nice addition to the handheld.

What would be nice is if the social network app would run in the background as does the current friends list on the 3DS. Overall any form of communication would be a nice addition to the handheld.
Indeed, any communication other than the friends list would be a welcome addition.

The only problem is that nintendo might make it 'oversafe' like the wii messaging system, making just annoying and difficult to use.

Take the above idea and use videochat software, and I think it'd do well. Pokemon Black and White had a videochat option with friends...why not do it with the console? It'd be simpler using a code that already exists and modifying it's source than to construct a full new program for text chatting.

Facebook.... In 3D?

Just joking. But why not have a little chat system? The handheld has a Mic, and a camera, so video chatting should be no problem. And why not the ability to talk to someone (or several someones) whilst playing a single-player game? Just, you can't see their faces, that's all.

A way of talking in-game would be fantastic for Mario Kart 7. Will Nintendo include it? I doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take the above idea and use videochat software, and I think it'd do well. Pokemon Black and White had a videochat option with friends...why not do it with the console? It'd be simpler using a code that already exists and modifying it's source than to construct a full new program for text chatting.

That's a totally awesome idea, and it's totally possible to, so nintendo should do it

honestly, i doubt nintendo would do such a thing, and if they did it would be really surprising, mainly because nintendo tends to not do this type of thing. I think talking to people while playing a game will come before a "social network" type thing, especially video chat.

Thanks Manbearpig
smile.gif

At Duckdude: I agree that it's unlikely that Nintendo will do this, but remember that this is a thread for thoughts and suggestions on how they could do it if they wanted to.

Back